2022 Keyboard Resolutions (and Appreciations)

Yes lol that could be a fun side project

3 Likes

I’d love to actually get some alps switches this year. Ive had everything else for the build sitting around for like a year at least now….

4 Likes

My resolutions would be:

1. To complete my Norbauer collection - remaining items are one Heavy-9 and one Norbaforce Data pad
  2. To quite possibly rounding out the MX keycap game with MT3 Retro and KAT Refined (GB joined, shipping not sure when)
  3. To go down another rabbit hole with High profile keycaps for Topre whilst keeping my wallet in tact - authentic Realforce caps are expensive as hell and KBDfans 1st set is somewhat disappointing sigh
4 Likes

Today is my first day in my new office I built in the basement. Like many, I was unexpectedly working from home since COVID March 2020. I made do with a few different spots in the basement but it was inconvenient dark and frankly a bit depressing. My employer moved to permanently remote as of a several months ago so I doubled down to make something nice.

It is not perfect, there are flaws/imperfections (track lights and satin paint highlight more things then I would prefer) but overall I am happy with it.

*Yes there is a hole in the ceiling for electrical access/building code compliance, planning on doing something nerdy and “fun”. Other then that need to do a few paint touchups and caulk on the window trim. *

Construction Photos: https://imgur.com/a/WLdgsBl

Party Mode

For all you RGB fans…
https://imgur.com/a/VBDg6uM

12 Likes

U should flip the desk around so u facing the door like a true executive :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Get your PC off the floor my dude lol.

1 Like

You gotta fold your hands together real menacingly as well.

1 Like

LOL that was suggested by the family. Feels a little weird doing that in my house when all interactions I have are over video calls. Also like to move around when working sometimes.

Yes the desk needs some work. I will build some legs move the file cabinet over and put the PC on top of it. I had planned on bringing my work bench on the other half of the room. Honestly if I start any more construction projects the family will get pretty upset.

1 Like

This looks like a great room for a full wall-length desk too. You could do drawers on each end and support legs offset in the middle.

I would do computer/monitor on 2/3 of it and keyboard build station on the other 1/3!

1 Like

What a work … Simply impressive !

1 Like

Facing the wall with door behind your back? What’s your anti-ninja defense strategy? ;-p

2 Likes

3 Likes

lol Star Wars would be cool.

Planning on a Mario question block made from white PCB silver solder mask and later on makes the coin noise when pushed. Going to be a while to get the dimensions right and yes this will be a total waste of time.

(Mockup: should look like the PCB which has a faint mega man logo in silver. If that doesn’t pan out will fall back to 3d print or vinyl decal)
PXL_20220308_164411713

1 Like

Orrrr

Put a little spinny fan and make it AIR MAN

2 Likes

Bahaha, that would be awesome

You could also put like a Rasberry Pi cam up there that counts random things, like how many times you sit down and stand up from your desk everyday.

2 Likes

Done. It is about 8"x8" for perspective.

Looks neater in real life with the solder mask reflection.

7 Likes

Looking to 2023 resolutions will be more conservative this year:

• Finish project with @insolentpotato
  • Try des carrot domes
  • One keyboard in one keyboard one out of collection policy
  • Receive rama kate caps (q1 eta ha ha)
  • Receive Last gmk gb end of the year
  • Mess with internal cables

Update on mario block ceiling tile now with sound from a toy lol. First project of 2023 complete :grinning:

11 Likes

now that it’s 2023 and reflecting upon this:

1. I DID get a Heavy-9 and built it! I DID get the Datapad but it’s not yet fulfilled
  2. I DID get the KAT Refined set, 2 actually for the yin & yang mix & match
  3. I DID get down the Topre Hi-Pro rabbit hole and my wallet DID NOT feel so good LOL - 1x 104UG, 1x 108UG, 1x Nissho, 1x Blizzardmod set, 2x Keysculptnerd sets

and ONE (FEW) MORE THING that wasn’t planned but just happened (I guess):

• Expanded into Noxary collection - joined both XRF and Evija GBs
  • Joined the OSA v2 GB - that Topre Alice is gonna be lit!
  • Bought a full-brass B-stock Ingot66 - 5kg of brass for just the case itself, it’s the heaviest thing keyboard-wise that I’ve ever held. Amazing!
  • Embrace the Yang - upgraded both my HHKB and 660C with BLE, amazing workhorses!
  • Got down the Purple slider rabbit hole to swap out all my boards with it! Still hunting for that elusive purple housing though :sob: :sob: :sob:, would make the future Evija build even more awesome!
7 Likes

Yay!! I love the reflections! I know I’m a bit late, but I’ll make a 2023 resolutions thread this weekend :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have not held up to this, need to buy the game. :flushed:

2 Likes