60% HHKB-like layout, but with dedicated arrows

I hear there’s a second run coming, so we can wait and hope!

1 Like

Tempting, Do you know where the GB might happen?

I agree, it is very tempting. I don’t. @yasintahir might have some details or insight.

1 Like

Regarding YAS-62 and its successors, Yasin informed me today that there is a discord. Join if you want scuttlebutt about the new YAS-62 :smile:

I know I’m kinda late to the discussion but here is my take. Got 1.5U empty spaces on both bottom corners. Also, the up and down keys are aligned which is how I think it is supposed to be lol. (Can’t wait for my new PCB to arrive so I can try this out!)

2 Likes

this looks really interesting and functional, although I still think HHKBs arrow solution works the best for me

2 Likes

@kimslawson Sorry to disturb you, but your idea reminds me of Ellipse’s Model F62 reproduction with the scumnc/scumyc layout that can be ordered for it that gives you those bottom row arrow keys. The standard “HHKB”-like layout I ordered and received has the split backspace and split right shift so if you pay a king’s ransom to combine those two together… I meant to reply a long time ago but forgot until I made an account today. I’m replying in this thread because there probably haven’t been too many developments in this space. Cheers!

I couldn’t help but remember this thread again when I checked the Matias 60% group buy that’s been going on for years with no end in sight. Why? Because it has the half-height arrow keys.

2 Likes

That GB is unfortunately truly cursed

3 Likes