A UHMWPE Challenger Approaches

It looks like UHMWPE stems are always something of a gamble - maybe not too unlike PBT spacebars. We’d never know what’s good if we didn’t try 'em out.

6 Likes

Dude, no worries. Science!

1 Like

As a huey report followup; my 415 umpusonetuhaosenyhsaonuth stems do not eject GMK keycaps;

they feel fine. in fact, they feel great!

6 Likes

I couldn’t find a housing to use them in that made them feel good. What did you put them in?

Ink housings; lubed the springs with 3204 and stems with 3203

3 Likes

They felt even better than inks?

They feel smoother; I’ve only had them for a tiny bit (built up the board late last night), so after some more time I’ll update again on my thoughts

4 Likes

I might try that. I can put them in red inks for a Jamon build.

2 Likes

Hmm tempted by Huey’s anecdotes to grab some 415 PE stems. God knows when we’ll get the replacements for the Invyr V2 stem debacle & I’m down to a little over one pack of the last good Invyr V1 stems I have.

1 Like

Pecked on my keyboard a bit more last night

Can confirm very smooth and enjoyable to use. Also the stems sound nice. Would and will build with again!

6 Likes

They feel good in yellow and kangaroo ink housings as well. The only drawback is more wobble than the stock stems in those housings.

Hmm… kangroo ink housing proving to be quite versatile. They are nice stock (although a bit too sharp tactile for me like zealio v2), excellent housing for halo stems (nice rounded bump with thocky bottom out), and now very nice for UHMWPE stems too!

5 Likes

415Keys’ UHMWPE stems in Mauve housings with Giant v3 62g springs. Very impressed. It’s a resonating kind of “clack”, but solid and not plastic-ish. Absolute zero spring ping, and the extra preload makes it feel like 78g at the top, but the actual key press is all 62g bottom out. Films for sure.

EDIT:

In the end, the one’s from 415keys were way too inconsistent. Loved the look, but hated the feel. I’m hoping for some Invyr V1 redemption.

8 Likes

Looks tasty

1 Like

As of 3:30pm PST :eyes:

5 Likes