Aliexpress GMK rippers

Yes, this is a scummy thing to do, that’s just straight-up true. However, I hope that this will make designers/vendors consider some more budget options of popular colorways, that way people who care less about quality and more about look can have something for them that supports the designer without having to pay more than they are willing to.

3 Likes

I also got this when I bought Ramaworks Kara or somewhere like that (anyway, from some keeb shop lately which sells keyboard stuff). It’s possible that Shopify enabled this for all sellers?

3 Likes

Oh maybe. If it’s not a lone occurrence, than that makes sense.

Tipping is a shopify feature, I think vendors have to check their settings

3 Likes

I thought the same when I ordered my 8x mkII, but I think it’s a feature of shopify you have turn off. So probably not put there on purpose.

1 Like

Kind of makes me want to add the option to tip me in my email signature at work. Like who knows right?

9 Likes

can confirm, was on apex keyboards (canada), they had the tip thingy there too

2 Likes

Ugh, I had to. The Drop + MiTo GMK Laser is a bucket list set for me and r/mechmarket is ridiculous. These will have to do.

https://epomaker.com/products/akko-neon-keycaps-set

4 Likes

Wait, are you in CONUS? Might be able to help you out with that.

3 Likes

i also bit on this, wish i knew it landed on Amazon Prime. at least the one from China is making it here in a week (from akkoglobal).

2 Likes

Amen brother.

3 Likes

“clones fakes, not good”
couldn’t have said it better myself

2 Likes

Ok I generally defend knock-offs because they don’t copy everything… but the knock off of SA Bliss is pretty bad, even copying the novelties.

They are cheap I think because only the Alphas are double shot. The modifiers are pad printed with a clear coat to increase their longevity.

2 Likes

No kidding. I had the notion that I’d be able to spot a ripper trying to pass as an original, but these are too good in the worse way. They should just shove $100 bills up their butt if they love money so much.

3 Likes

Gotta love that the one product image is on a chinese CA66 as well :laughing: also the mods look more like peaches and cream than bliss in the actual product image. good to know theres a good reason other than morals for people not to buy this set.

2 Likes

Lol I couldn’t even tell the ca66 was fake. It was like a pretty bad keyboard though, so I find it kinda funny that’s what they’re using to advertise the fake keysets

2 Likes

where do you see the CA66? I can’t find the post.

edit: on the “BlLiSs” page. Found it.

1 Like

To add some gasoline to a fire

there are also things like this

https://www.melgeek.com/products/melgeek-mojo60-christian-bluetooth-wireless-mechanical-keyboard

1 Like

EDIT: lol Its so close to SA olivia it took me a minute to realize, MG making olivia ripoff? very sad… I thought they were above this.

1 Like

More along the lines of SA Olivia…

1 Like