Any storage suggestions for desk mats and keycaps?

Surprisingly, these are more compact than they look, while still fitting a full-size GMK set in one tub.

Here’s the ratio: In my drawer, I can fit 18 tubs in the ~same space as 3 GMK trays stacked. It takes a little more space horizontally than the GMK trays, so even if we account for the extra unusable space and say 4 GMK trays, that’s still 18:4 sets in the same space.

2 Likes

Ye, I like them both.
But I have to admit that I am the kind that keeps the boxes of stuff I buy, at least for the stuff that have some second hand value.

1 Like

Ha, somehow I managed to miss this thread until now. A perfect opportunity to repost the switch shelf from my last apartment;

There are more recent pictures of the collection on this site somewhere with more of @Seo_bun’s awesome stickers but my search-fu is lacking today - anyway you get the idea:

I very rarely use anything larger than a 68-key, so I use 12oz mason jars for some regional flavor to my storage. ( Howdy from moonshine country! ) If you’re into the mason jars but want to store enough switches for a full-size and a few extra, 14oz capacity should have you covered.

4 Likes

I use these containers as well which saved me an incredible amount of space in the cabinets that store my keyboard stuff. I did end up keeping the GMK boxes just in case I need to sell them in the future. Thankfully I have room in a general storage space on my house so the GMK boxes went inside a few large cardboard boxes and got filed away, lol.

1 Like

Holy jesus I wanna be like you when I grow up.

2 Likes

JTK’s new medium sized trays are a bit tempting. Seems like it can fit a base kit, unlike the standard sized trays.