BKE Redux domes vs stock domes?

I have previously used both Ultra Lights and Lights on my FC660C, though now I have long since switched back to the stock domes.

I like them, though they are very binary (either up or down), which doesn’t suit my light typing style so well, they do soften a little once broken in for a bit however. I would actually really like to see some other alternate designs for domes, something in between stock and BKE would be nice I think.

1 Like

After 3 days on lights I’m coming to this conclusion also, but I will keep them for a month at least

Apparently, the original sony bke domes fall somewhere in between. Link to review

So I swapped out the BKE extremes I had in my 660C for BKE heavies tonight & WOW what a HUGE difference! I mean I was expecting them to be a good bit lighter considering the stated difference in bottom out weight is 30g, but the best way I can describe them with my limited Topre experience is like stock 55g domes with much more bite. I think I’m gonna end up preferring these heavies over the extremes though. My typing speed is up already on the board & it now has much a snappier feel to it. Typing on it feels much more natural & just flows better with the heavies. Where with the extremes, while I could use them without much issue for short typing sessions they did become fatiguing if I was typing up anything longer than a few paragraphs.

I hate to say it cause I was a pretty staunch defender of the extremes being more than a meme dome, but after using the heavies for just a few hrs. even I gotta admit they are a much better choice than extremes for a heavier than stock Topre experience. Although now seeing how wide the gulf is between heavies & extremes it makes me kinda wonder why Jchan didn’t put in another weighting like “super heavy” with a 70g or 75g bottom out?

4 Likes

BKE Heavy is as heavy as anyone realistically should want to go. I’m a heavy typist and I’m still getting used to them. My fingers are getting so buff. I’m not skipping pinky day, either.

I wonder if HiPros wouldn’t make a significant difference in how I perceive them? Santa Claus needs to make me some MT3 in Topre mount.

I haven’t tried Extremes. I hope someone brings a board with those to the next meetup. I’m really curious. I just can’t imagine.

2 Likes

I thought you tries my 660C at last year’s Keycon? It had extremes in it at the time. A lot of people were surprised at how useable they actually were. That said I still now think they are more meme than truly useable.

1 Like

Maybe, I did.

I don’t know, I’m still mentally scarred from the dude who brought the pen spring board. It was all a blur after that, and I should probably get therapy.

2 Likes

Decided to pick up a set of these in Light flavor after my 45g Topre domes seemed to forget what tactility is.

Any idea on how long it usually takes Keyclack to ship?

I think the longest wait I had, between order placement and tracking number receipt, was 2-3 weeks. Most orders shipped in 1-2 weeks. I haven’t ordered from there in a while, so YMMV…

1 Like