Bluetooth on high end customs

It’s pretty sweet and opens up all kinds of new possibilities.

1 Like

The CB:87 is an upcoming TKL that has bluetooth, pretty neat looking.

3 Likes

The Percent studio Skog Reboot offers bluetooth and is gonna go into GB soon

3 Likes

The tide might be changing …

• Injection molded polycarbonate case
  • Gasket mount
  • Split spacebar support
  • Silicone dampening pad between the plate & the PCB
  • Silicone dampening pad under the PCB
  • Bluetooth PCB (soldered) w/ proprietary software OR :fire: :eyes:
  • Wired PCB w/ QMK, VIA and Hot Swap
  • PCB mount stabilizers
  • Multiple additional badge designs, including fully custom designs provided by you!

The silicone dampener looks a little familiar :shushing_face:

1 Like

:thinking: Interesting, I wonder how dense that silicone is going to be, in-between the plate and PCB…

1 Like

Bluetooth (especially multi-device) is one of the main reasons I use my HHKB Hybrid and Niz much more than my custom mechanical boards.

I use my iPad Pro often and flipping between my Laptop, iPad Pro, and Phone saves so much time and space for me every day. Even my gaming board, I choose to use a Kemove with Bluetooth so that I can use it wired for gaming and still swap to my iPad and Phone via Bluetooth.

We’re seeing more customs from Asia with solid multi-device Bluetooth (Ex. CyberBoard, IKKI68, Percent Studio, and more). Based on videos, it looks like they’ve gotten around the problem of Aluminum casing interfering with Bluetooth too heavily. I hope the trend continues and makes its way to other designers and manufacturers (Rama plz) in the near future.

5 Likes

I think the reasoning behind it is the scale we work at and as someone mentioned above was the legality’s. Liek installing modules in a GB with 250 units and having to also worry about the battery’s, quite tough thought I’d love to see maybe the more avaliable boards such as the Tofu with a bluetooth pcb!

3 Likes