Brown/coffee/chocolate keyboards?

Thanks for the alert! I ordered a set, these will be my first Akko keycaps. :grin:

1 Like

First time coming across this thread and I didn’t see mention of SA Espresso so I thought I’d just throw it in there. Much more expensive than the Akko set I think the gradient looks pretty nice (it’s in stock @ Kono):

4 Likes

There is drama with that set, in case you didn’t know. The IRL gradient is a bit off from the renders. Many people were unhappy with the product.

I think it still looks nice, for the record. But I love brown and SA… and coffee.

2 Likes

I had no idea. My bad. Even the IRL photos vary a bit:

but I can see how they don’t match this render:

5 Likes

I also have the SP SA Espresso set, but was a bit shocked they came in plastic bags. At first, I thought I had been scammed, but later I learned this is how Signature Plastics “package” their keycaps.

Another shocker were tiny defects on the sides of these keycaps towards the bottom. I would certainly not recommend these for frameless builds with naked keycaps.

On the other hand, the smoothness of the rounded edges is unsurpassed when compared to Domikey or Maxkey SA.

Using them in low light conditions, I would have preferred the gradient to be the other way around; i.e. dark at the top. That would have aided with the contrast and visibility of the top digits row. For that reason, I am not sure whether I will keep them.

2 Likes

And just got the Akko keycaps yesterday. Packaging is so nice! Plastic case, as shown in the image, and that case is inside an Akko box! Realistically, the last thing I need are more special-purpose plastic boxes, but these may be the nicest keycap packaging I’ve ever seen.

Now all I need to do is decide what keyboard to use them on…

2 Likes