C3 stabs

Anyone know anything about these? I just came across a post about them on a different site and it’s the first time I’ve heard about them.

6 Likes

Same - color me intrigued.

1 Like

They certainly look nice. Might grab some for an upcoming build and hope they’re alright.

1 Like

Same, I went ahead and ordered some orange ones to match some tangerine switches I’ve had sitting around forever and I’m going to hope they don’t suck.

1 Like

Bought myself some purple ones, so I guess we’ll both find out! Well, I will sometime next year when my M0llY ships :joy:

1 Like

Its nice to see someone make some changes/possible improvements to the OG design while not copying things that are out there already.

2 Likes

You can safely wait and read reviews and then sell them if they’re bad haha

2 Likes

ip on Discord pointed out that, other than the wire clip, they look identical to the new GMK stab housings, which are apparently pretty bad. I ordered a few packs regardless, hopefully they don’t use the new dimensions.

They sound okay, which is cool.

:sunglasses:

I just picked up a few sets

Darn, I have two sets of GMK stabs left. Hopefully other vendors will carry these.

For clarity’s sake, here’s the comparison of C3 vs GMK stabs:
The plastic on the C3 stabs is noticeably different, I have to wonder if it’s perhaps POM. and it’s POM according to the page. Either way, they seem to be a lot rounder, and are probably smoother and slipperier. I’m curious as to how the bottom molding affects the stab, considering it’s so different from GMK.

4 Likes

The product page says they are made of POM - i’m at least intrigued by this.

2 Likes

Missed that, thanks. Comment edited!

1 Like

Ordered two 60/80% sets (~USD $24 including shipping to US) for use with Polaris PCBs. Hotswap PCBs are a lot easier to fix when stab wire pops out but Polaris PCBs are not hotswap so C3 stabs with extra protection against wire popping out should be useful.

1 Like

These are now available at TKC:
https://thekey.company/products/c3-equalz-screw-in-stabilizers

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! Think I’m going to jump on the buy 4 get free shipping deal since I only got like 3 or 4 sets of og GMK screw in stabs left & 2 or 3 of them are with 6.25u spacebar stabs so they’ll probably sit till I come across a project that demands them.

3 Likes

Bought a set in each color :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nice, I’m still deciding what colors I want to get. I do really dig that they decided to makes these in some colors, but I wish they had black too.

1 Like