C3 stabs

Hmmm - so what is the typical material being used for stabs? I’m guessing the standard black stabs are different material from the clear ones like from zeal as well?

Yeah I did the same and ordered before I saw them on tkc…

1 Like

Seeing all this hype has me thinking I should get some myself… You all are bad for my Christmas money savings.

1 Like

Don’t read too much into the hype until some people actually get these in hand & some reviews get out. Everybody is just really happy to possibly have a high quality, affordable alternative to GMK or Zeal screw in stabs. Especially since GMK has changed their tooling for the screw in stabs & from all I have heard they are pretty bad now.

2 Likes

This is right

3 Likes

That makes a lot of sense. More options is always a good thing. I would love to see access to good stabs that don’t require clipping, lubing, and bandaiding for newcomers be available.

2 Likes

I wonder how they’ll perform in terms of actual case usage… the colors definitely intrigue me though… Might want a set in each color lol.

1 Like

SO has anyone got their sets they ordered yet or even heard any updates as to when we might be getting these? I ordered through TKC myself so I have a feeling we’ll get them last since I think they are the US proxy for these.

I think they mentioned in the discord that their shipment was getting here this week or early next, so TKC-fulfilled orders should probably go out sometime next week.

1 Like

Awesome, I’m on their discord, but didn’t check there LOL! Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

Unfortunately, discord is down rn so I can’t doublecheck :sob:

1 Like

I’ve heard reports that these stabilizers don’t work well with EPBT keycaps.

1 Like

OH F**K.

3 Likes

Any details or links?

Tbf that might just be ePBT being ePBT, and that won’t work well with any stabs

3 Likes

Ah. That problem can be mitigated using North-facing switch rings. Whew.

was really bummed when my heavy industry seq 2 caps didn’t work on any of my boards. They even looked straight as could be, but nope. 7u wouldn’t even return after being pressed :frowning:

I’ve never had issues with SPs pbt caps, both SA and DSA. I’ve never had issues with their G20. I’ve never had issues with my 3 MT3 sets that are PBT. Honestly, my old ePBT sets are great too. But this makes 5 ePBT sets I’ve tried recently that were unusable. Go figure.

I guess if you really want to count on using an ePBT set, you could always go with a costar stabilizer build. I don’t mind the feel of them, but I sure hate the inconvenience of not being able to quickly swap out keycaps.

Word is their change from Gat to in house for blanks production is why their recent stuff seems to not be as good as it used to be.

1 Like

I think someone could make decent side income straightening and foam-filling long PBT keycaps.

1 Like

I’d rather manufacturers improve their molding process than have us deal with banana curved spacebars and shifts -_-

8 Likes