C3 stabs

Also the prices of Epbt have slowed rised :confused:

Did someone say EPBT spacebars?

7 Likes

It’s terrible but I laughed.

1 Like

oof i thought it was just my set of the heavy industries seq 2 that was bad… the space bar was so bad

1 Like

I’ve had to work with kbdfans to replace wildy warped ePBT space bars, and keys over 2u, on two different sets. They were great about it, and I did end up with all good keys, but I hate the hassle for $120 sets.

It’s way too easy to fix warped ebpt caps guys. Hot howl of water, flat surface, heavy book. Done

The plastic is still the wrong size when straightened. Actually, I found they perform even worse when straightened. I don’t mind the banana shape. But when you press the space bar down and it doesn’t come back up, that’s a bit of a deal breaker.

Just got my shipping notice for these from TKC, so everyone else who ordered through them keep an eye out!

Oh dang wasnt aware of that. I put mine in a keycap tray that has stab stems when I straighten mine, so it makes sense that it works for me and not others.

3 Likes

oh you just reminded me that i own one of these trays! I’ll make sure try it out tomorrow!

I ordered these more than a month ago and have yet to receive anything about my order. Was this a group order? I thought the stabs were in-stock.

It was a GB, I got my shipping notice from TKC a few days ago & should be getting my sets today hopefully.

1 Like

TKC orders have been starting to ship out this week but my ILUMKB order still hasn’t shipped :frowning:

Saw an update from them yesterday on insta that seemed to imply they’d be shipping soon, but otherwise I think it’s just a case of orders being many multiples of what was estimated as a result of the GMK stab issues of late.

2 Likes

Do we know if these will be in-stock at TKC or iLumiKB?

I think they’ve both said they’ll be in-stock moving forward?

Got my pairs in yesterday, crazy packaging for just a set of stabs. Not bad for someone like me who saves boxes, but pretty wasteful otherwise. I lubed up a set with 205 G0, threw them on my Instant60 to give them a try, & am happy to report they are decent stabilizers indeed. Pretty much identical to feel & sound of the pre retooling GMK screw in stabilizers. The big wire lip does seem to be a good improvement on them as I highly doubt they ever pop a wire. I’m sure some were hoping for a step above old GMK screw ins, but I’m just glad we still have a viable option for stabilizers under $15 for a set!

Edit: They do come with wires, screws, an allen wrench, & washers, just not sure what happened to the photo I had of that stuff.

8 Likes

Have you tried them with epbt keycaps yet?

1 Like

Not yet, I will throw some on the stabilized keys a little later when I have a chance & let you know if they bind or not. Although I should say I only have OG ePBT sets where Gateron was the OEM for the caps. I have heard the stabilized keys have gotten much worse since they went to in house production of the caps.

1 Like

I lubed these with some 3203 and they sound much better (to me) than the standard screw-in GMK stabs. Its subtle but definitely deeper. Glad I enough of these for a couple boards.

1 Like

Wait, did EPBT change suppliers?

1 Like