Control F - an in depth look

Episode 1: Heavy Grail

Let me know what you think and what you think I should cover next :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This was exceptionally informative. :slightly_smiling_face:

Being new to this hobby and being very specific about what I like, I learned a lot from the video. Especially how lubing took off and how important HHKB really was to the entire keyboard community.

One thing I really wanted to know?
Do the tolerances differ highly with Topre and the way boards are make for Topre when compared to other boards? @Manofinterests

2 Likes

Most topre tolerances are pretty similar between brands; all realforces will have similar tolerances for wobble. All leopold boards will have similar tolerances. With all of this in mind, topre still have a very similar feel across all boards and brands (to a degree). They all feel topre no matter how you slice it.

Ah…
I am new to all this and don’t really have much experience with a lot of stuff, so after watching the Norbauer (hopefully I spelled that right) board with the pink plate? I got thinking of such a board would require special care, research and experimentation with prototypes to deliver the desired feel :slight_smile:

As always, great content by @Manofinterests

1 Like