Drop BoW keycap set -- to buy or not?

I got both sets after a couple months, but the out of the blue shipped me a 3rd set.

I think their problem is the warehouse / shipping provider Prep Kanga.

1 Like

I found out the reason for this from a Drop employee that got cut when they started the cuts- figures that the good ones would go. Apparently they have a large turnover in CS (not unusual) and with the large number of niches that they support, it’s hard getting people up to speed on the peculiarities of each niche. They have procedures in place for handling things that you don’t know and escalation, but having a ticket claimed and open for long is a bad thing too, so you get subpar answers like that instead of it being escalated to someone who knows. It seems that the whole culture of their CS needs to change with these issues in there, but it also seems unlikely that it will.

Personally, I’ve dealt with a bad person that told me that I couldn’t return something that they explicitly said that I could return in a mailer, but when I e-mailed back, it went to a different person that apologized and got it taken care of. They really need to fix this, but CS is always the lowest on the totem pole in my experience. Hopefully what you’ve seen recently is a sign that they are prioritizing CS now. I’ve been visiting and buying less and less just because there’s less there that interests me.

3 Likes

I never bought from Drop and given the current state of affairs, I doubt I ever will.

3 Likes

I made my first Drop purchase this week for the susuwatari set and joined the group buy for the SA Oblivian set… Hopefully it goes okay… Everyone has only bad things to say about Drop overall so I’m a little nervous about it. =D

2 Likes

i’m hoping it goes smoothly for you. curious how the $45 BoW set is gonna turn out; if someone got in on that purchase, please come back and share your findings.

2 Likes

They failed to ship something for 8 weeks that was supposed to ship immediately. I twice asked for an order cancellation and refund and was told no twice by a service rep.

I finally opened a PayPal claim and they refunded the money.

I will now only order from them if the item is truly exclusive and only available there.

2 Likes

I’ve bought a few things from Drop without a problem. This is until I ordered a barebones ALT a few months ago. When it arrived there were two in the box. Since I was certain I only ordered one I thought this was strange, so I sent a message to support and never heard back. I was a bit worried I’d get charged for the second, or that they would request it back if I gave it away. Sometime later I noticed that my transaction information had been updated to show two items shipped (the cost was still just for one), but still no explanation. After a month I emailed support again and a few weeks later got a reply and an RMA. Still no explanation but they unexpectedly refunded half of my ALT. I would probably order from them again, but am a bit wary of their CS now. (Currently using Kailh box red switches and EnjoyPBT 9009 keycaps but I need to switch it up soon)

4 Likes

Wow! 2 for 1 and half off! if every drop transaction went like that I’m sure they’d have much better community relations :grin:

3 Likes

I picked up this 146-set from KBDFans (I need to stop). Again, pretty decent for an in stock item.

https://kbdfans.com/collections/keycaps/products/epbt-x-gok-bow-keycaps-set

$109 + tax

1 Like

Ah yes! I saw this one too a few days ago. Did it arrive yet?

I ended up buying 2 sets from the recent Drop restock, those are incoming November (or so they say.)

1 Like

Nice!

I just ordered them today, so a week or some I reckon.

Update: Got’em. Four days from shopping cart to front door. Impressive.

1 Like

I picked up this set last time it was in stock. I like it, though the price is a hair steep IMO. The caps are nice and thick, and they’re a bright bleached white. Legends aren’t the most crisp I’ve ever seen but contrast is good. Compatibility is above average for sure. A typical amount of warpage on the wider keys but nothing crazy.

Much brighter white than the NK PBT set from a while back.

2 Likes

That’s great to know. I picked up 2 sets on this current restock and I look forward to having some basic keycap colorways in “the library” aka closet of keeb stuff.

1 Like