Clackers Care Fundraising Event (Cinco De Mayo Update)

Hello fellow keyboard enthusiasts!

We face a historic challenge today as we all battle the COVID-19 virus. Millions have been impacted physically, emotionally and financially all around the world. To be successful in this battle, we all need to do our part to chip in. This begins with honoring social distancing orders and staying home to slow the spread. For some, we can go a bit farther and equip those on the front lines with the supplies and support they need. To that end, I’d like to introduce an event for us as a community to contribute financially.

Coming May 16th-17th, we’ll be hosting a fundraising event affectionately called “Clackers Care”. This event will feature two channels for raising money for the charity Direct Relief.

About Direct Relief:

Direct Relief is a humanitarian aid organization, active in all 50 states and more than 80 countries, with a mission to improve the health and lives of people affected by poverty or emergencies – without regard to politics, religion, or ability to pay. Direct Relief earns a 100% fundraising efficiency rating from Forbes, tops Charity Navigator’s list of the “10 Best Charities Everyone’s Heard Of” and is named among “the world’s most innovative companies in not-for-profit” by Fast Company.

Direct Relief works in the U.S. and internationally to equip doctors and nurses with life-saving medical resources to care for the world’s most vulnerable people.

On a personal note, not only is Direct Relief a great partner for this adventure due to its global response but also one that hits home for me as a proud husband to a nurse.

How we’ll raise money:

#1: Silent Auction:

What it is: A silent auction will be held online during the week of May 11th. This will feature items donated by the community, and bid on by others in the community. When the auction ends, the winner will be asked to donate the winning bid to the Direct Relief and the goods will be shipped by the donor.

How it will work: We are still finalizing details of the operations portion of this. We may work via google forms / sheets, or we may leverage a platform like 32 Auctions. If you have ideas / advice here, we welcome your help. Please reach out.

What we’ll auction: Examples of potential auction lots:

• Keyboard parts: switches, cases, keycaps, etc

• Gift certificates / store credits to keyboard vendors

• Services: keyboard building, switch lubing, etc

• *How you can donate items for auction: ** Items for donation can be pledged between now and May 8th by completing the form below

Recognition / Thanks: All supporters who donate items and win auctions will be recognized on associated fundraising streams and websites (www.clackerscare.com)

#2: Clackers Care Marathon Stream:

What it is: A marathon stream will be run on May 16th-17th featuring streamers within the keyboard content community.

How it will work: (subject to change) Stream(s) will begin at 12pm EST on May 16th and run for 24 hours. During this time, keyboard content streamers will stream back to back, handing off according to a schedule and will collect donations for Direct Relief (via Tiltify).

Recognition / Thanks: Donation alerts on stream for those contributing along with a running tally for the event will be shared. All donors will be featured on the Clackers Care website with our thanks!

Streamers may opt to set milestone to unlock events / activities (tbd)

For Streamers: If you are a content creator who would like to participate, please fill out this form and include your preferred time slot: https://forms.gle/4FpURizxroariK2W7

Donations will be facilitated through Tiltify and go directly to the charity to avoid collections from each content creator. This integration will also allow streamers to connect for in stream alerts. Streaming asset and prep package will be provided.

Special thanks to the content creators who have consulted with me behind the scenes as we sculpt this concept. Your input and support has been amazing and another confirmation of how wonderful the people in this community are.

Additional thanks to Sour, who has so graciously donated his talents to creating visual assets for this campaign including our logo, consulting on the name and streamer assets. Here’s a look at our logo (nearly finished!)

https://imgur.com/6Oy1ayB

From here:

• As you can see, we have a great start, but still a lot of work to do to prepare.
  • Regular updates will be posted here as well as on the website www.clackerscare.com (when the site is officially launched… very soon). Next update will be provided on Friday, May 1st where I hope to be able to share a streaming lineup and any outstanding support that is needed
  • Social media accounts have been setup for the sake of promoting the event. Please feel free to follow and keep an eye out for updates. This is @clackerscare for both twitter and instagram
  • Those who have items they’d like to donate, please fill this out: https://forms.gle/p8bVUP9shA2gQTxr6
  • Streamers who would like to participate, please fill this out: https://forms.gle/4FpURizxroariK2W7
  • If you have other talents that may be of help (ideas, website dev help, etc), please feel free to PM me here or on Discord at Visionaire#4795

Thank you (in advance) for your support!

Visionaire

Clackers Care

5 Likes

Gotta go through my switch stash & keeb stuff I haven’t been using much. I’m sure I got something, if not a couple things I can contribute to the auction. This is something I’d definitely like to support. Very awesome of you & everyone else that is helping with this @Visionaire! I’m supposed to be off tomorrow, so if I am I will go through my stuff & get the donation form filled out early before I get into anything else!

You’re a legend! Thanks for your support @Rob27shred . <3

1 Like

First, I want to start by saying THANK YOU to everyone who has embraced this event. We’ve really picked up some momentum in the last few days, so I thought I would share.

Go here to read our first post about the event for more background

============================
Silent Auction Update

As a reminder, we will be collecting pledged items from vendors and community members to be auctioned off. All proceeds will go directly to the charity (In fact, winners will be asked to demonstrate proof of donation to the charity to claim their item)

Format: We will be running the silent auction through Google forms. I’ve been prototyping the format and think we have something simple and effective enough to suit our needs. Details to come soon!

While we are still collecting pledges, we are seeing some great items coming up for auction. Here’s just a few:

• Rekt1800 Prototype (Cannon Keys)
  • SodieCaps (3 Artisans TBD)
  • M-M-M-My Corona Oh Face cap (Jacobsmirror)
  • Zeal60 PCB (Ophidios)
  • Holy Pandas (Rob27Shred)
  • 5(!) 60% cases by P3D Store
  • Complete starter 60% kit (1up Keyboards)
  • GMK Terminal R2 (The Key Dot Co)

Want to see the complete list? Go here (in progress): Auction List

Want to add your item to the auction? Click here: Pledge Form

=========================================
Streamer Update

I’m excited to also share that we’ve had a strong response from the streaming community as well. Streaming will begin on May 16th at Noon EST and run through 6PM EST on Sunday, May 17th.

While we’re still adjusting schedules, we do have pledges from the following streamers to participate in the event:

• Quakemz
  • Jae
  • Apiary Keyboards
  • Chewwy
  • Misterkeebs
  • iammeuru
  • Stashbuildsboards

Some of these folks will also be hosting games and prizes during their streams as well. Details to come!

If you’re a streamer and would like to participate, you can do so here: Streamer Sign-Up

As always, if you have questions, you can hit me up here or on Discord at Visionaire#4795

======================================

TLDR:

1 Like