Hey y’all, been looking into building my first mechanical keyboard and wanted to get some community input as well as double checking part compatibility
I’ve outlined the following in terms of the board’s parts below:
- Duck Sidewinder | Case + PCB + Aluminum Plate
- Duck Sidewinder Polycarbonate Plate
- Zilent v2 | 67g
- Zeal Stabilizers | 4x2u / 1x7u
- EnjoyPBT 9009 Keycap Set
I’ve double checked everything and am fairly sure these items should be compatible but just wanted to double check before purchasing anything.
Some questions that I had in regards to this specific build and the build process in general:
- Do people recommend lubing the zilents?
- And if so, should I initially break the switches in for a week or two prior to lubing?
- What lube do y’all recommend?
- What’s the best process for lubing tactiles (I’ve read/watched and heard that its best to avoid the legs)
- Similarly do people recommend lubing the zeal stabilizers?
- And if so, what lube is best?
- Should I use different lube for metal on plastic and plastic on plastic?
Despite the specific questions any feedback/help is much appreciated!