Gamers Assemble!

I agree with @dwarflemur, it doesn’t really matter that much. I’ve been gaming on GMK sets and PBT topre sets. I’ve also gamed on a SA set, which is interesting. I don’t enjoy it as much as I do with Cherry/Topre profiles but I don’t perform any worse.

In Soviet Russia, game plays you

5 Likes

damn… now I need some of those toggle switches. I hope they become the new hotness after rotary switches.

2 Likes

Toggle sounds treacherous. God forbid you accidentally BЬIKɅ when you meant to ABT ДБɅ/ЛPC, hahaha. Oh man.

1 Like

lol - toggle switches sounds kinda fun for layers, caps lock, etc.

1 Like

Totally, I want to build something like that

I really prefer linears for gaming, but then again I prefer them in general.

I really like having a board that’s not too much of an angle (5 degrees or so) and that’s not too loud (don’t wanna bug my friends over my mic)

My most recent build for gaming is a tada68, I had one I wasn’t using, since cherry profile caps hit the switches, so I desoldered it, and rebuilt it with lubed cherry speed silvers, gmk screw in stabs, and gmk wob. 205g0 on the stabs and switches. It’s buttery smooth, and not too loud but it still sounds great, and I really do enjoy the speed silvers slightly higher actuation point

Actually that’s a really good one I forgot about, I find it really uncomfortable to game with an aggressive angle, I think I’m with ya on five or less, even a flat 0 is nicer than steep.

Ah…
I actually prefer a bit of an angle. I also tend to tilt my keyboard’s right corner into me a bit.
Maybe the angle because I don’t have a wrist rest…
I know I tilt it for two reasons: It’s more comfortable for my wrists (hours of punching) and it makes it so my full size G512 doesn’t interfere with my mouse.

I find that it’s much more comfortable if my wrist is straight from my arm rather than having it tilted up. I do use a wrist wrest so maybe that makes a difference too. I keep the keyboard pretty straight but my mouse ends up tilted quite inward, probably like 30 degrees.

IMO, the best setup would be:

1. Left half of ergodox
  2. Linear switches (preferably light weight)
  3. Some kind of tenting

I just don’t like the split layout of keyboards…
But I actually like heavy linear switches (the heaviest I have tested like Gateron Blacks) for gaming.