[GB] 30wer by 8o7wer

Here is the correct pinout for a Pro Micro. I used that to end up with the same MATRIX_ROW_PINS and MATRIX_COL_PINS as you :smile:

Here is a link to my QMK config for the 30wer. This can be cloned and compiled directly. I plan to submit a pull request to QMK as soon as I finish up the readme.

My default keymap uses LT(1, KC_SPC) (on the lower right key) to change layers, and it’s working pretty well for me. This way you get a space if you press the key, and layer 1 if you hold it. Other than that it’s pretty basic, for now.

I just went ahead and submitted a pull request to QMK: Add 30wer config and keymap by FSund · Pull Request #4386 · qmk/qmk_firmware · GitHub

If anyone feels offended by this, wants to be listed as maintainer, or have any other issues with this, please don’t hesitate to contact me!

You can add your keymap to the official QMK repository as soon as the pull request is accepted. The more the merrier!

Yeah, I’m always leery of the clones and worried that they changed a pin or something, lol. So if I can, I try to find the pinout for the mfg that I have. But if it’s sold as a pro micro, it should be a drop in replacement for the original sparkfun one.

I had some problems compiling your QMK config. I’m not sure what it was, but with a combination of what you had and what I got from the QMK configurer online, I was able to get a working .hex file.

As for the pinout, yeah, I have the lower left key do a momentary layer to get to the number keys and F-row keys. I still need to add an alt in there and maybe control on the second layer. My third layer is just for the arrow keys on wasd.

Once the pull request goes through, I’ll add my keymap.

Ill upload a photo of the schematic when I get home today to prevent any confusion of anyone else. The photo provided was just a picture of the pro micro in the schematic.

I was looking at my board just now, and noticed that the edge on the right hand side and bottom side of the board switch plate seems to be a lot narrower than the left and top edges. If the edge was wider on the bottom and right side I don’t think there would be any issue with the standoffs. Perhaps this is what the actual error in the design is?

I’ve tried to illustrate it in the image below

Thats most likely it, I had a lot of issues properly lineing up the screw holes, again sorry about the issue.

Here is a photo of the schematic, if there is enough demand ill upload the source.

1 Like

This is usually fixed by doing a full reset --hard HEAD and git pull in my experience.

Anyway, the pull request has been accepted now, and the config can be found here: qmk_firmware/keyboards/30wer at master · qmk/qmk_firmware · GitHub

I also added a info.json, so in theory it should be possible to configure the board using QMK configurator, but it’s not available there just yet. I think it’s updated regularly though.

Hmm. interesting. I’ll try that next time. I usually don’t do a full pull for firmware though. Since I have the master already setup, I tend to just download and copy the keyboard folder from the new place to my master folder.

Yeah, doing a full pull tends to fix most problems I’ve had. There has been some under the hood changes in QMK recently, so you might need those for newer keymaps to work.

I finally got my 30wer working. At first I couldn’t get it to work at all. After looking at the schematic and testing I realized I had put the pro micro upside down. I thought it was oriented with the usb port side up like in a gherkin, but it should be usb port down (away from the pcb). I used a bunch of SA profile caps from crap bags and other sets. I still need to grind down some of my spacers so they fit and then I’ll just need to fine-tune my qmk config.

2 Likes

Just heard of the 30wer recently and after having read that sentence, I wondered where this shop is or if the files for plates and PCB are somewhere online so that one could build his own 30wer…