[GB] DSA Scientific (closed)

Brought to you by my Galaxy S7

1 Like

Hot damn! That looks so good. Now I canā€™t wait to see the gb start. I hope itā€™s a uuuge success!

1 Like

I own many keycap sets, but not a single one on DSA profile. The flat profile always turned me off.

This is going to be my first, though, thatā€™s for sure. Beautiful color scheme! Will look amazing on my gray Klippe!

Looking forward to the GB! :grinning:

1 Like

Hey @gab.a! Each kit has both options:

• Alphas have regular F+J and homing barred F+J (render: third row, right)
  • Mod kits have regular down-arrow and homing barred down-arrow
  • Numpad has regular 5 and homing dotted 5
  • (Colevrak is all homing barred .)

So, in all cases, you have the option to use the regular (non-barred) keys.

Hope that clears things up!

3 Likes

Today is the day?

1 Like

I dunno. I posted April 10 on reddit and geekhack, but TKC posted April 9 on instagramā€¦ :thinking:

We should have something available by the end of the day.

5 Likes

:joy: well letā€™s just say soonā„¢

2 Likes

Question for the mods:

Is it better to create another post for the GB? or just update this one?

Thanks

1 Like

Hey good question! Iā€™d say best to update the title and post content of this one, keeps everything tidy in one place. If possible keep the IC info below the GB content in the first post so that it can be referred to. Can add spoiler to IC content if you want to collapse it.

3 Likes

Updated the OP with GB information.

Just a heads up:

Our EU (mykeyboard.eu) and Asia (zFrontier) proxies arenā€™t up yetā€¦ they should be within the next few days.

Otherwise, US & Canada proxies are open for orders.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Great job on updating the post, it looks great! Iā€™ll be joining via your store as soon as my credit card period rolls over to the next month now. Wishing you all the best in the GB and I hope we can get all those kits made!

Joining when it hits mykeyboard.eu. Think Iā€™m gonna build a preonic. Set looks amazing!

Iā€™m gonna be soo sorry I passed on this, but my budget just canā€™t allow it at this time :frowning:

Thanks for the moral support :wink:

We really tried to make it as affordable as possible. Especially with the 40ā€™s kit.

1 Like

Excellent. Glad holtenc chose a similar colour as the renders for the prime_e.

PS. Colevrak has reached MOQ!

1 Like

European proxy mykeyboard.eu seems to be up!

2 Likes

Thanks for this wonderful set. Iā€™m definitely buying it!

Iā€™m a bit frustrated with the pricing on MyKeyboard.eu though. Itā€™s significantly higher. Hereā€™s a comparison with TheKey.Company for the subsets Iā€™m interested in:

• $30 vs. ~$40.6 (36ā‚¬) for Alphas
  • $40 vs. ~$50.8 (45ā‚¬) for 40% & Ortho
  • $25 vs. ~$29.3 (26ā‚¬) for Novelties
  • $5 vs. ~$7.7 (6.8ā‚¬) for Colevrak

So my total for the 4 subsets on TKC is $100 which even with the $23.79 delivery to Norway is cheaper than the total on MyKeyboard.eu without delivery: ~$128.36 (113.80ā‚¬) (they donā€™t show the delivery cost for preorders, but it wonā€™t be free for sure).

1 Like

Iā€™m looking into it (with TKC)

I will quote myself, from the geekhack GB thread:

From my experience with the Canadian proxy, if I were to charge in Canadian dollars, then the price goes up 3% automatically. Beyond a certain order quantity, I would have to charge 10% more in taxes. Shipping from the manufacturer to Canada is also more expensive (let alone Europe); since we sell fewer kits, I have to take that penalty. In this case, Canadian buyers save on shipping, taxes and duties.

However, a full-fledged business has to charge full taxes (in Canada, at least). Prices listed on mykeyboard.eu include VAT. There is also duties and handling fees related to importing.

If the price is roughly the same as buying directly, then you win because 1. you get more reliable shipping (imagine 50+ packages crossing the ocean, versus one). Your local proxy has access to and is more familiar with the local carriers. 2. Service at proximity is always preferable in case anything goes wrong. Not to mention that our EU and Asia proxies are reputable businesses used to this kind of thing.

I would expect a smoother experience, overall.

2 Likes

Our progress so far:

Thanks to dvorcol for these amazing graphs!

5 Likes