[GB] GMK Alpine | Almost every kit will be made!

GMK Alpine

Welcome to Switzerland

Groupbuy will last until Jan 12th!

GMK Alpine is a keyset inspired by famous Swiss mountains like the Matterhorn!

US: GMK Alpine — Kono Store
EU: GMK Alpine (Base + NORDEUK Bundle) | Candykeys
AU: GMK Alpine
UK: (Group Buy) GMK Alpine – proto[Typist] Keyboards
CA: https://www.ashkeebs.com/product/gmk-alpine-deskmats/
CN: https://kbdfans.com/collections/new-arrival/products/gb-gmk-alpine

Kits

MOQ:
Every kit except NorDeUK will be made!
Kono has confirmed they’ll buy out all the kits except NorDeUK
ProtoTypist and Candykeys will work with GMK and see if they can buy out NorDeUk together, if that happens to be the case, all kits will be made! This hasnt been confirmed yet. We still have 1 week left!

Base: 236/Was 250
Ascents: 118/ Was 100
Spacebars: 72/ Was100
NorDeUk: 28/100
40%: 24/ Was 100
Deskmat Edelweiss: 25
Deskmat Matterhorn: 32
Deskmat Gray Alpen: 91
Deskmat Purple Alpen: 39

Colors

For the colors I wanted a simple look that kind of resembles a mountain.
The 4012 is a gray with a hint of purple as to not make this a boring gray set.
The WS2 resembles the Snow and the beautiful Edelweiss, the national Swiss flower.

Renders (Done by me)

Nemui by Bachoo

Whiskey by Me

M60 by Rama

Deskmats:

Thank you so much to Virtual Designworks for the amazing art. It’s been an absolute pleasure to work with you and I love what you did!

Keebstuff

I’m very happy to announce that I will be working with Keebstuff on a limited number of high quality custom cables!
He puts amazing and careful work into each cable and they end up looking fantastic!

The cables will be coiled with the coiled side being Purple and the non coiled side will be white. They will come with LEMO Connectors (Made in Switzerland :D)!
You can see more pictures of the cable and his other awesome work on his Instagram

Additional information

High Quality Double-shot 1.5mm Thick ABS Cherry profile Keycap set.
Made in Germany by GMK Electronic design GmbH

Thanks!!

While there were a lot of people who gave feedback and helped with things, I would especially like to thank 1 person who helped me!

Imperfect Link:
Thanks for the countless blender questions which you answered, the cases you redesigned so they’d be easier to work with and reminding me that I should’ve used texture legends and good keycap geometry. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Glad to see that these are finally in GB! Might grab this one as a little Christmas present…

Man, i really love these! hopefully i can pick some up when the EU GB goes live.

EU Just went live :smiley:

2 Likes

how similar is this to the all purple gmk taro kit? it looks darker, but hard to say how much.

Left Taro, Right Alpine. I used the Hex color from an old reddit post for taro so it may not very accurate! Alpine renders are color matched as best I could with a RAL Fan but 4012 is one of those colors I strongly believe you should see if you’re picky about color accuracy!

1 Like

Every kit except NorDeUK will be made!
Kono has confirmed they’ll buy out all the kits except NorDeUK
ProtoTypist and Candykeys will work with GMK and see if they can buy out NorDeUk together, if that happens to be the case, all kits will be made! This hasnt been confirmed yet. We still have 1 week left!

Base: 236/Was 250
Ascents: 118/ Was 100
Spacebars: 72/ Was100
NorDeUk: 28/100
40%: 24/ Was 100
Deskmat Edelweiss: 25
Deskmat Matterhorn: 32
Deskmat Gray Alpen: 91
Deskmat Purple Alpen: 39

anyone else missing the 1.75u shift from their base kits?