[GB] GMK Dots 2

•••• •• •••

The most minimalistic of minimalistic sets is back, now in dark & light colorways.

Group buy info

When?

From February 5th to February 28th.

Proxies:

Keycaps:

ABS double-shot

Colors:

Same as R1 except for alpha & mods legends for light kits.
The light base color is WS1.

Estimated shipping:

Q1 2022

Renders

Kits

Deskmats

Rama artisans

Thanks to @Oblotzky for the renders.

6 Likes

Woo it’s back! Let’s goooo

3 Likes

Looks amazing and will definitely be hopping on this one. Also, Is the estimated shipping so long because of expected sales or some other factor? (or maybe gmk sets just take longer now and I’m being a smartass)

There are a lot of sets in the GMK Queue at the moment which is why the estimated shipping for most GMK sets are pretty far out at the moment.

GMK said they are working to expand their production capabilities for 2021, so hopefully these estimated ship times drop :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am still getting it but was hoping for Q4. Not sure about waiting a full year. In addition to expanding their capacity, wish GMK would create two production paths: one for successful reruns and another for unproven first runs. I’d think that serves the community better than having everyone on a single queue.

3 Likes

Sorry this sounds kinda stupid… What does the Nomad kit cover? I’m about to order but money is kinda tight right now, so I’m hoping it’s nothing I’ll regret not getting… But with only dots it’s hard to tell the intended use. Since the Base kit already covers ISO, right?

1 Like

Maybe someone else knows for sure but it looks like a 40s kit to me

3 Likes

validating it’s a 40s kit, generally you can tell by the R3 1.25u which is very common on 40s overall (R3 1.5u enter and R2 1.75u backspace for van and similar layouts are also common as 40s start showing up in base kit more). a few other sets have adopted the “nomad” kit name for 40s as well (epbt ivory and ramenstop come to mind)

4 Likes

Thanks!