GMK Ursa is closed, here are the final numbers:

Follow these links to join the GB!

US: Kono
EU: CandyKeys
Asia: ZFrontier
Oceania: SwitchKeys

Inspiration + Design

Expand to read more

My home away from home, this keyset is inspired by Lake Tahoe, California.

I started working on this project in early May when I went up to Tahoe.
Everything from the air, to the sound of the birds, and the colors of the forest allow me to breathe and unwind. This keyset is designed to convey those feelings.
The name of the set, Ursa, comes from the black bears who make the forests their home in the summer.

I wanted to keep this set relatively low cost. As such, it uses two stock GMK colors and one RAL color for accurate color matching.

GB Information

The Group Buy will run from Tuesday, November 19th till Monday, January 6th.
The estimated shipping time is May, 2020

Kits

Major

Base

Cub

40 + Ortho + Split

O Horizon

Spacebars

Honey

Novelties

Paddington

ISO, featuring an exclusive novelty! Left shift is in base Jae.

Renders

Iron 165 FE | Smith + Rune

U80A | RAMA

KBD19X | KBDFans

ATS-45 | Abec13 <3

Think6.5 | Oldcat

Deskmats

Artisans

AmBEARssador | C.Y.O Artisans

Resin + Walnut | Object.Garage

Aluminum + Enamel | RAMA.WORKS

Pricing

I’m pleased to announce pricing for GMK Ursa! While these numbers are pretty much finalized, they are subject to change before the start of the GB.

Kit MOQ Kono (USD) CandyKeys (EUR) zFrontier (CNY) zFrontier (USD) SwitchKeys (AUD)
Ursa Major (Base) 250 $129.99 €124.00 ¥969.00 $148.00 $204.99
Ursa Paddington (ISO) 100 $29.99 €30.00 ¥215.00 $31.00 $44.99
Ursa Honey (Novelties) 100 $39.99 €40.00 ¥285.00 $42.00 $59.99
Ursa Cub (40s) 100 $49.99 €50.00 ¥360.00 $52.00 $71.99
Ursa O Horizon (Spacebars) 100 $29.99 €30.00 ¥214.00 $31.00 $42.99
Ursa Tessie (RAMA) 50 $51.99 €60.00 ¥270.00 $52.00 $81.99
Usa Deskmats 20 $16.99 €32.00 ¥115.00 $18.00 $25.99

Donation + Transparency

I’m excited to announce that that myself, the vendors, and proxies behind GMK Ursa are proud supporters of the League to Save Lake Tahoe. A portion of all proceeds will be donated to their organization. Learn more about them here: [url=https://www.keeptahoeblue.org/]https://www.keeptahoeblue.org/[/url]

“The League to Save Lake Tahoe is dedicated to protecting and restoring the environmental health, sustainability, and scenic beauty of the Lake Tahoe Basin. We focus on water quality and its clarity for the preservation of a pristine Lake for future generations. “Keep Tahoe Blue” means a crystal clear Lake, protecting watersheds that support native plants and forests and abundant wildlife, an active and informed community of residents and visitors who act as stewards for the Lake, and communities and facilities within longstanding urban boundaries that harmonize with the natural environment, and provide low-impact outdoor recreational opportunities now and into the future.”

Ursa Major: 20%
Ursa Paddington: 20%
Ursa Honey: 20%
Ursa Cub: 20%
Ursa O Horizon: 20%
Ursa Tessie: 100%

Transparency: These percentages reflect the share of my profits that will be donated to The League to Save Lake Tahoe. Each vendor will also be donating $1 per kit sold. A total donation amount will be disclosed after the completion of the group buy. Both a screenshot of my donation to The League to Save Lake Tahoe via their website and a copy of the relevant bank statement will be posted together.

Social

Acknowledgements

One huge thank you to the beautiful Abec13, he was an invaluable resource in the creation of this set, from doing the renders to consulting on naming and novelties.
All of my vendors and especially SwitchKeys for supporting me from IC to GB and always listening to my late night ramblings
r/keycapdesigners, you guys provided a lot of great feedback on both name and colors.
The Top Clack community, for just being a great family
The photographers at Unsplash for the backgrounds in my images.

3 Likes

I thought I was done getting sets for the year but I think this is too good to pass up

Buying into this REAL quick. Awesome set man.

Thank you very much!

I’m so hyped for this set. Very happy to see it reach GB stage. GLWGB!

Hey guys,

Forgot to update this thread with first day numbers. Here they are!

Such a nice set. I enjoy how soft the colors are. Also, that greyish-brownish-but-more-greyish-grey color? Fantastic. If I had the budget I’d end up with one of the RAMA caps as well. Nice job!

Week two numbers are in, and we are officially past 100 base kits! Sorry for not cross-posting last weeks update, I’ve been crazy busy recently.

Hey y’all.

Sorry for the lack of updates over here. Just wanted to let all of you fine folks know that Ursa has just one week left before the GB ends and that we are just under MOQ. Here’s our latest progress graph:

Thanks,

• Nathan