[GB] MB-44 - Closed

It’s all fun and games till you need to type a question

1 Like

I might be biased, but I find this board to be plenty fun even when typing questions(?).

1 Like

This is me trying to type a question mark on that thing

‘SHIFT’, 'SHIFT", ‘looks down’, ‘period’, ‘up arrow’ ‘swearing’, ‘slash’, enter for no reason, ?

3 Likes

haha fair enough! 40s definitely takes some getting used to, and there’s not really a “one size fits all” type of layout. FWIW, this is what my layout looks like on my main build:

/? is where it should be. Shift on hold and arrow up on tap. Arrow arrangement similar to the Apple M0110A.

4 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I think the concept is pretty cool, not to mention the design :slight_smile:

1 Like

beautiful

1 Like

Hey everyone! Just wanted to do a friendly bump now that the group buy is live. OP has been updated with group buy info. Please let me know if you have any questions! Thanks for your time c:

1 Like

As a right shifter I pretty much can’t use any Minivan style layout with arrows on the right like that for this very reason. It does indeed invoke much cursing.

1 Like

Apologies for being a bit quiet, but here’s a quick update!

All components for the MB-44 group buy have arrived at Aeternus and sorting is starting this week. Shipping to follow shortly after, of course. Additionally, we had a happy accident with our manu and have actual lilac cases open for preorder!

Please read the following for info from Aeternus on how this came to be:

Due to some miscommunications with the factory the anodizing color of the purple units was different from what we had originally requested. I won’t go into details as to how this happened as it’s not entirely important, and will be avoidable in future GBs. We felt that delivering cases that were a drastically different color from the initial prototype photos would be dishonest. Rather than re-anodizing, which can cause problems with fitment/finish, we decided to order a new set of cases in the advertised purple color. Since we ordered new cases, we now have a surplus of a very nice (albeit wrong) lilac color! Because these cases are not part of the GB orders, we will be opening up pre-orders in order to help offset the cost of purchasing the new cases. The lilac cases will include the same hardware as the GB units, and during pre-order they will be the same price as GB.

Please note that because we ordered a specific number of cases, we cannot exchange your group buy order with the lilac cases. Your best bet is to try to find someone to trade, or wait until you receive your GB boards and selling aftermarket.

All group buy orders and lilac preorders will ship at the same time.

Extras of all colors will be made available after all group buy orders have shipped. If you’re interested in any of the other colors but were not able to join during group buy, fear not! We will post an update to when extras will be available for purchase.

1 Like

Cool looking board. Blocker is a little reminiscent of this little guy

4 Likes

Apologies for bringing up a seemingly dead thread, but I wanted to close the loop a little bit on this group buy for anyone here at KeebTalk that may have participated :

All group buy orders have officially been shipped. Thank you to everyone that participated in the group buy!! We have a handful of extras in all colors that will be available on Aeternus around the 2nd week of November. We just want to be sure all group buy participants have received their orders. I’ll post another update once we have a date for extras finalized.

Thanks again for being a part of the ride! Looking forward to seeing everyone’s builds!

2 Likes

Hey Keebtalk!

For anyone that may be interested, extras for the MB-44 will be on sale at Aeternus on Friday, 11/19, at 12pm CT. There are extras of all colors, including the last minute lilac, totaling 25 units in all.

Extras are categorized in varying qualities. Please check the Aeternus FAQs for more info here.

Pricing is as follows:

• A stock $250
• A- stock $240
• B stock $235

We’ve also compiled photos of MB-44 builds done by the community which can be found here.

Aeternus and I are so grateful for the wonderful community that has backed this project! Thank you to everyone that has participated in the group buy and those who decide to get in on the extras!

2 Likes

I’ve loved seeing all the great builds of this board in the 40’s discord. very excited for Pegasus :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks, doof! I’m really excited for Pegasus too. Hope to have more info on that project soon.

1 Like