[GB] Palm Desert 1968: Arabic sub-legend keyset and desk mat

Now that I’m looking at the mat again, I could see it looking pretty damn fine with the Soya U80 and GMK Yuru I have paired with it.

1 Like

Signature Plastics has informed me that these are, at long last, now in production. They should be fast to make and hopefully still shipping by our original timeline of sometime before the end of the spring (June 21). However, we’re moving workshop spaces on 15 June so if they push it to close to the wire, that may delay us by a few week—depending on how long it takes us to get set up at the new space.

Here is a photo of the pre-production set. (It might look like that some of the legends are mis-aligned towards the edges, but I have confirmed with follow-up closeups that this is just lens distortion on the image.)

8 Likes

Signature Plastics has confirmed that production is complete and I’m now just working with them on arranging shipment. They should ship early next week.

As I mentioned in the last post, we’re moving to a much nicer workshop on 15 June from our current grungy warehouse in Downtown LA, so the move will likely disrupt shipping these and we likely won’t them out around the end of the month—after we’ve had a chance to get all our work tables and equipment unpacked and set up at the new space. However, these will be among our first priorities when we arrive at the new workshop.

5 Likes

Looking forward to seeing the set in real life. Also looking forward to the special sale. Still planned for this summer?

1 Like

Yup! We’re working on getting that organized and seeing what we have as we pack and prepare for the move. We’ll likely do the photos and prep before the move and then do the offering of the items once we’re in the new space.

5 Likes

What’s the best way to keep track of the special sale? Just be subscribed to the site?

1 Like

Awesome news. Can’t wait to see it!

1 Like

Yup! Newsletter list here and Instagram.

1 Like

Got my set today… I can’t tell if I have set “000” or “060”…

Either wait, it looks AMAZING in person and I love the passport-style credential folio. Great job!

7 Likes

you know, at first I’m thinking, “surely it’s 060 b/c Ryan wouldn’t use zero-based counting for credential folios”. But then I thought “actually, he just might.”

The set looks great. Can’t wait to get mine.

1 Like

Got mine too!

5 Likes

Ha. I’ve been a programmer since I was in the 5th grade, so it’s quite possible. I think in this case, however, that’s probably a 060. I use this very old-school Japanese auto-incrementing number machine for those, and the analog imperfection of the resulting imprints is, in my view, parts of its charm.

4 Likes

I got my set today. Am I crazy, or is the top surface less textured than typical DSA sets? It feels and looks smoother than usual.

I love the aesthetic of these colors.

Probably makes zero sense to put this on a brutalist keyboard but it looks great on white

2 Likes

Gorgeous !

I think that’s because it’s PBT. My DSA scientific (ABS) was rough compared to my DSA 2049 (PBT), which looked more like these.

1 Like

Some other looks

I think I like it best on silver and white. I left it on the M60 for now

3 Likes

I say it looks best on the orange and TX keeb.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I‘m looking for this keyset if any of you have one for sale :slight_smile:
CC @sarvopari @AuthenticDanger