[GB] SA Skyriter Keycap Set | Shipping

SA Skyriter Keycap Set

Updates

May 11, 2021

SA Skyriter is shipping!

April 19, 2021

Kits are being collated now and will ship to vendors shortly!

November 14, 2020

Not much to update at this time. Production has been paid for and colour chips along with typewriter keycaps have been sent to Signature Plastics for matching. Will update again once samples have been received.

General Info

Welcome and please have your boarding passes ready for flight SA Skyriter!

SA Skyriter is a keycap set based on the early 50s Smith-Corona Skyriter typewriter. SA Skyriter brings the deep rich forest, seafoam, and olive green colours from the original typewriter and applies them to keycaps fit for our modern MX style switches.

The group buy for SA Skyriter will run August 7 to 28, 2020 and will be available for unlimited pre-order world-wide at Daily Clack, DeskHero, Mykeyboard.eu, NovelKeys, and zFrontier. Please see the vendors section for pricing and regions.

Specifications

• Designed by Christopher Janzen (cijanzen)
  • Manufactured by Signature Plastics in USA
  • SA Profile (112343)
  • Doubleshot ABS Keycaps
  • Compatible with Cherry MX switches and clones

Colours

SA Skyriter will match Pantone colours specially selected to reference the original Smith-Corona Skyriter typewriter colours for the alphas (627 C) and legends (2260 C) along with original typewriter keycap samples for the modifiers (Custom).
Please keep in mind the images shown are renders of the product and are only used to estimate the final product. The end product may vary in color from the renders as they are not guaranteed to be 100% accurate to the end product.

Vendors & Pricing

NovelKeys (USA/Americas)
DeskHero (Canada)
Mykeyboard.eu (Europe)
Daily Clack (Oceania)
zFrontier (Asia)
zFrontier (China)

Kits

Alphas

The Alphas kit includes all your standard alpha keys + 6.25u and 7u Spacebars. Unless you plan on using another kit with a different SA set, you’ll need this kit.

TKL/Specialty

The TKL/Specialty kit covers most keyboards from 60%, 65%, 75%, up to tenkeyless keyboards. HHKB/Tsangan, and even non-standard keyboards like Minila (when purchased with Spacekeys). 66-key boards like Volcano, and even GK64 are also supported with this kit due to their inclusion of 2x 2u and 2.25u shift keys.

Numpad/1800/96-key Add-on

The Numpad kit offered here, when combined with the TKL kit, allows you to fill out full-sized keyboards along with additional keys for 1800 layout and 96-key layout boards.

Ortho/40s Add-on

The Ortho/40s kit provides full coverage for many ortho boards like Planck, Preonic, and Iris (please keep in mind, you’ll need the spacekeys kit as well). This kit also acts as an add-on when purchased with the TKL/Specialty kit for other 40-50% users who need additional uniquely sized modifier keys.

Spacekeys

Find all of your space key needs in this kit which provides necessary coverage for ortho, 40-50%, and split-space keyboards. The spacekeys kit includes an additional “B” alpha key for Alice and Alice clones.

Novelties

The novelties kit is full of 50’s mid-century references designed to cover key modifiers. This kit offers full 65% right column and macro-column support so you can deck out your keyboard with classic breeze block designs. ISO users, you’re not forgotten either, with a unique return key design.

ISO

The ISO kit, as you guessed it, adds ISO layout support. Those of you who need it know who you are!

NorDe

The NorDe kit adds additional European/Scandinavian language support. Don’t forget to buy the ISO kit if you need it.

Breeze Block Deskmat

A deskmat will be available during the group buy period to accompany SA Skyriter. The breeze block wall concept is fully realized here in a seamless geometric pattern.

Renders

Acknowledgements & Thanks

• Huge thank you to Voodoo6k for the amazing renders and advice along the way. Check out his work on Instagram and be sure to check out GMK Thinkcaps!
  • Thank you to all of the vendors who are running this Group Buy.
  • Thanks to all of you who provided feedback and encouragement throughout the Interest Check!
10 Likes

Let’s gooo!

1 Like

love me some green

1 Like

Hope you do well! I won’t join tho.

1 Like

First weekend numbers are in and looking good right off the runway!

Thanks @dvorcol for the sales graphs!

2 Likes

Oh, he (or she)'s here, too? Just thought that graphics style looks very familiar. Mostly know these graphics from Massdrop — but their drops are way less thrilling these days since they dropped (sic!) MOQ, etc. and sell tons of stuff off stock.

I liked this at first glance, but that Smith-Corona photo sold me. I went all in except for the ISO and Norde. Not sure any of my keyboards will do this justice tho.

2 Likes

Oh wow! Thank you very much for the support. Can’t wait to see what it looks like on your boards!

All kits will be made so if you were holding out feel free to order without worry!

3 Likes

Came here to ask what the heck that ANSI enter novelty was… and then it clicked as I was scrolling down the page. Oof. For some reason I just couldn’t see it and it looked like some sort of ski slope with a pit trap and a… I don’t even know. But obviously, typewriter. :sweat:

Anyway all that aside, I’m all in except for ISO and I can’t wait to get this!

1 Like

Haha I could understand without some context the icon could be confusing. I’m glad you got it figured out and thank you very much for your support! Can’t wait to get this to you!

Hey @cijanzen!

I really love the colors, fantastic job you made on this set.
Also love SP SA keys with their nice semi-gloss finish that feel sooo smooth to the touch.

…So in the end I could not resist buying it (witch I just did), haha!

Wish you the best for this GB!

1 Like

Thanks for the support! I agree that the SA profile look and feel is the perfect match. Can’t wait for us all to get our sets!

1 Like

Sales through August 26

GB closes August 28 so make sure to get your order in!

Just wanted to send a compliment your way on this set, @cijanzen. I won’t be buying because SA isn’t my favorite feel; however, this is one of the most attractive looking sets I’ve seen in a while. The profile really does compliment the colors aesthetically and I’m a major sucker for the novelties here. Nice work and I can’t wait to see pictures when people get these in their hands!

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the kind words! Means a lot.

Last call for SA Skyriter. Group Buy ends tonight at midnight PST.

Thanks everyone for your support! If you have any questions don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks

Not a fan of SA profile, but this might be the set of the year for me. Love the retro feel and happy to see a set with some non-standard colors.

1 Like