[GB] the Norbaforce Mark II

I also received mine today. Looks great!

Now if only the keycaps and cable I ordered for it would get here…!

Edit: Potatocam deployed:

7 Likes

Hi Ryan,
Are all order shipped out? I haven’t received the shipping notification yet. :frowning:

No, but the majority of orders have shipped. That includes VHS, K2, Aperture, and Tactical finishes (both WKL and Standard). Orders that haven’t shipped yet are Retro Refrigerator, Astrophysical, and Palm Desert, which the factory says will be arriving to me in the coming few days.

Also, of course, if you had other pre-order items in your order (such as an After-school 1992 keyset), the order won’t go out until everything is in stock. But don’t worry, all such items have been set aside until the rest of the items arrive.

Veracity Steel is currently being hand-polished and will ship in about a month.

1 Like

Got my K2 and it looks fantastic. I have both 87U colorways and I’m trying to decide which combo I like better but I’m using the black/black keyboard right now for that stormtrooper look. Also I forgot how much of a difference a sheet of dampening foam makes. At first I assembled the board without any foam and was disappointed with how rattly is sounded but taking it apart and slapping the foam in there basically eliminated that problem. The heavy steel back plate is awesome and makes the whole case feel a lot more premium than the Norbaforce R1. Since the case sits flat and it’s so heavy it’s actually kind of hard to pick it up from the desk (not that you’d need to, I just like feeling the heft). After comparing my Norbaforce and my Heavy-6 I think I still prefer the Heavy-6 but both are amazing. The Heavy-6 is just so perfect it’s hard to beat. Thanks Norbauer!

Also does anyone have a recommendation for a custom cable to match the K2 case? I want to make sure the white of the case and the white of the cable match as closely as possible.

2 Likes

Would also like to know where to find a good cable for the K2 case.

1 Like

I got my last cable from Freshcablez: https://www.freshcablez.com/

Quality is good and fairly quick turnaround.

4 Likes

Can’t get into my office to get the best keycap set for it, but this will do for now.

Love the finish, @norbauer

It feels and sounds so nice to me. Better than the factory case for sure. Top mount gives the perfect bit of spring to topre. Match made in heaven.

Need those 1992 After School caps!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-KxF9-nwhF/?igshid=1k3kad1yye7dd

9 Likes

Ryan, the VHS finish is so so good in person.
I think GMK Ashes will be stunning on this.
You knocked it out of the park yet again.

2 Likes

Received my K2 Norbaforce Mark II today! It looks so good and really feels premium:

Has KBDfans EC9009 keycaps, BKE Redux heavies, and Keyclack silencing rings.

5 Likes

v0.2 of my Tactical WKL build! Just needs some BKE domes and some creativity on my part to figure out how to make that spacebar MX compatible to get to v1.0!

In the mean time, I’m making the most of mixing and matching keycap sets I have lying around.

6 Likes

16 Likes

You’re always making me look good @ninjapirate. :bowing_man:

3 Likes

It’s easy when you start with something that looks good to begin with! :pray:

1 Like

Did the last three finishes arrive as expected? Vaguely considering asking for my Aperture to be shipped separately from my Astrophysical, because I’m selfishly looking for a pandemic project and would like to do a dome swap and case swap with only one disassembly.

As of last update on Wednesday, they were supposed to have shipped out on Friday, but at the rate at which everything has been moving lately, I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up shipping to me early this week. I have a message out to them now asking for a status update and would expect to hear back tomorrow. Transit to me takes about two days after they ship from the factory over in Nevada.

3 Likes

Had to wait a few more days for MT3 Serika to arrive but it was worth it for this gorgeous case.

15 Likes

I’m waiting on the same set (the Katakana version) for my Norbaforce. Still no shipping notification. :slightly_frowning_face:

Annoyingly, I lost the R1 internal 4pins cable. Can anyone tell me what is the connecters? gonna to make one myself…

Send me an email; I’ll just mail you one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the offer :slight_smile:
As I’m based in the UK, probably faster to get the connecters over here. Also that give me a chance to pimp up the internal cable to make it even more end game…

Is it a zh 1.5 pitch 4 pins?