[GB] the Norbaforce Mark II

@rberg6868 Is talking about switch plates, I think, and @s_alvanip is talking about rear cover plates. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh no! It’s been a LONG day, I’m sorry! Is this something that you could just do a vinyl overlay on?

Earlier gaffe aside how are the veracity finishes coming along? I’m still tempted to swap out my keycaps for something well suited to the finish, but I still love my Anniversary Edition Hangul keycaps.

Getting ready to go out early next week. I’ve been inspecting each one in person. I found a couple where I want to send them back to the polisher to be touched up, but I will email emails folks affected by that (likely only if you placed an order after the GB closed).

1 Like

Just got the K2 and Retro kits and the finish of these boards are perfect! Love the white base as well.

Really happy with them, and while the Retro gloss is nice, the textured finish of the K2 (and the old enigma black) is still my favorite!

8 Likes

Damn, these are so clean. Are they powder coated?

Yeah, they are. More keyboards need to have textured finishes like these :smiley:

Do…do I get my Heavy-6 powder coated like the K2 finish then?

The retro looks really nice! I hope the textured retro looks as nice.

Is this glossy or reworked slightly textured variant of Retro?

This is the glossy version.

1 Like

Some preliminary, crude, excited pics:

I’m missing one screw that holds in the main PCB of the keyboard, but otherwise this is fantastic. I used some cotton swabs and 91% IPA to clean out the areas for the rubber footers so that the adhesive holds better long term. Once again, another brilliant product.

13 Likes

Whoa. That brass rear cover weight actually pairs really well with this finish, to my surprise–an all-metallic build. Love it.

PS: Shoot me an email if you need help getting one of those screws. Sorry if the box was short one!

3 Likes

I love the combo, too! I picked up this 55g Anniversary Edition while I was in Korea and opted for the Hangul keycaps. Now the arduous journey of picking a custom cable to go with it begins. I’ll shoot you an email for the one PCB screw. I had plenty of smaller screws and was thinking “did I forget how to put one of these together?” lol

1 Like

beautiful

1 Like

That’s so pretty. I wouldn’t expect gold with silver to come out so well. Reminds me of Daft Punk:

3 Likes

Thank you! I love the sudo-80s techno chic look, too!

Got the last screw in today and got everything aligned and torqued down:

21 Likes

So sad I missed the Veracity Steel cases :frowning:

Veracity Steel finish looks so good! I will have to wear gloves to use it if I had one.

Since the rear cover is out of stock on Norbauer’s store. I have one Brushed gold rear cover unused. Brought it before the MkII GB, not knowing MkII comes with a steel cover. PM me if anyone interested.

Another thing, I designed a U2U that fits Norbaforce housing, so it can be programed without external usb2usb. PCB for Realforce R1 is on its way to me, will report back how it goes. In the meantime, let me know if anyone interested.

11 Likes