[GB] the Norbaforce Mark II

I like this idea a lot

These would probably be the most versatile, but I dig Aerospace too.

I second this - Enigma and K2 is the way to go IMO. A poly-carb housing for all the GOCF out there would be a nice treat, but I understand the additional technical and logistical challenges this may incur.

1 Like

My vote from the options would also be for Enigma and K2.

… but my true feelings are for Aperture and VHS, because they are such ‘discoverable’ finishes—every time you look, it almost feels like you see something new or see it fresh, once again. One can dream!

2 Likes

i’m with baton on that not to mention i eventually probably will cave on an aperture Norbathing, thanks to heavy grail video

I would definitely buy an Aperture numpad. Probably 2.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize it until now, but I do need one in Aperture

2 Likes

To be honest, I’ve been holding off on buying a 23u until a Norbauer housing existed for it :sweat_smile:

I think the Aerospace/Tactical & Engima/K2 would be the way to go as well (with my secret dream being a polycarb edition :pray:)

2 Likes

yeah actually on second though please don’t make it in aperture, I don’t need to need another thing.

I wanted to follow up on my original post and show my appreciation to Ryan and the rest of the Norbauer team (AJ/Jared). I emailed them when my package was lost to see if I could purchase a new set. (This was before Ghost of Christmas went back on sale) – Without even hesitating, the team offered to send me the entire kit (I even offered to pay for it) without asking for a dime.

The Norbauer brand + people make this community such a thrill to enjoy together. I just wanted to share my thoughts and again my gratitude to them for doing this.

:pray:

24 Likes

I’m just putting it out there… veracity steel numpad would be amazing.

2 Likes

Clarifying–only the Mark II housings can house both 87U family and R2 family boards, and Mark I doesn’t have a breakout kit for R2 boards, correct?

Am trying to gauge if aftermarket Mark I housings are a good deal for my use case.

2 Likes

That is correct. Not only does it not include the breakout kit for the R2, the housing itself is incompatible with the R2 switch plates.

1 Like

Perhaps 2 neutrals and a new experimental colour?

Part of the fun of your keyboards is always seeing a unique personality in the product. K2, Enigma and a Yellow/Orange/Chartreuse/Robin’s Egg Blue?

EDIT: On a 0-100% chance scale, how likely is it that the 23u will happen? Because if it’s basically guaranteed I might start looking for a 23u now, even if the GB is a long ways out.

1 Like

100%

I’ve just been focus on trying to get Heavy Grails out the door soon(ish), but will turn my attention to this in the fall.

9 Likes

Will there be a Ghost-of-Christmas-Future Edition 23u? I only ask because I’m on the fence on which Norbaforce to buy (VHS or GOCF)…

2 Likes

A GOCF had actually never occurred to me. I have no plans and tend to doubt it given the limited availability of the 23u, but I tend to make the polycarbs on a whim usually anyway, so I’m afraid I can’t say with absolute certainty that I would never, ever do it. Sorry. I realize that’s totally unhelpful. :blush: Just being honest.

5 Likes

Call me an optimist, but I’m going to take that as a solid “yes” :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

It always seems impossible until it’s done. :herb: :leaves:

:upside_down_face:

15 Likes

sheesh. This is a clean GOCF.

1 Like