[GB] Tribosys 3203 Thin Switch Lubricant

Definitely ordered some of dat.

Thanks for sharing! Definitely picking some up.

I’m in for this, gotta lube my sluts, I mean slots.

BTW what about 3204, you mentioned on reddit you had a supply that is 20 years old with some separation issues. Do you have something more fresh in stock?

1 Like

I don’t think you read that correctly.

Very nice! Is this good lube for making some Ergo Clears? Should I use a different kind of lube for the spring?

Really depends on the immediacy of your situation. You may not get this stuff for a couple months.

The lube itself is quite nice on tactiles, however, the amount of sound it dampens might not be ideal for everyone. It’s thin enough to increase smoothness with less tactility diminished but leaves a lot of room for clack because it’s so thin.

It depends if you’re after the lube “sound” or the lube “feel.”

3 Likes

Hehe, I’ve read it now again, you’re absolutely right.

How come your Krytox 205 is not under Tribosys nomenclature?

It’s not the same thing. It’s similar in the sense that it’s lube and is based on some of the properties of the krytox lube but that’s about it.

Hm, what do you mean not the same thing? All three of them are Krytox products.

Tribosys 3203 - Krytox 203
Tribosys 3204 - Krytox 204

I just mean that it is its own blend similar to krytox but they’re separate products that are comparable. I guess equivalent would be a better phrase to use.

The reason one would go with Tribosys is the availability, price, and stability of the lube without having to make your own mix.

It’s actually a product regularly produced by Chemours. The others, while using a Krytox formula and are produced by a Krytox distributor, don’t have the same seal of approval due to us not having enough pull for Chemours to notice us.

2 Likes

What would be the best choice for Topre in your opinion? 204 or 205?

I’ll try this new one 203 on Zilents and see how that works out.

Whichever one you can get. It seems to not make as much a difference on topre.

Thanks! Then, between 3203 and 3204, which one would you recommend for Ergo Clears?

3203 is better for feel, but it’s a bit louder.

3204 is better for quietness but diminishes the tactilty slightly more than 3203 would.

Ultimately it’s up to your time frame.

1 Like

Good luck with the group buy. i just placed my order. thank you for bringing this to the community.

grabbed some and some other stuff as well.

But not in the same order… right?

@Switchmod_Keyboards how’s the GB going? Do you have any numbers on purchase quantity?

As I’m not home and can’t arrange reliable numbers for a bit, the first numbers will be shown at the 1 week update.

However from what I’ve seen the numbers are a bit lower than I had hoped. Maybe people are thinking they can pick it up after group buy at the same price.

If it doesn’t hit MOQ, no one will be able to get it, guys! :joy:

1 Like