GHSear.ch

I built a web app that makes GH a bit more usable and after some cool kid encouragement, it is now a “thing”. :nerd_face:

Big thanks to @Deadeye and @skepp for all their feedback and support.

29 Likes

Well that’s to much credit for a simple suggestion, but thanks your welcome. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

:raised_hands:t3::heart:

3 Likes

Hope everyone is staying classy and super safe out there!

I had some downtime this week, so what best than to dive face-first into updating our nifty site. Hope it helps!

• Dark mode theme
  • Filter by Group Buys and Interest Checks (tags)
  • Infinite scroll (> 600 posts and growing)
  • 2:1 image compression
9 Likes

This is so good

Thank you

1 Like

Woah just found out about this! Pretty neat. The first thing I notice is that there is a lot of deskmat ICs on GH. Would be nice if there was a filter for this.

1 Like

The site’s content is totally driven by what gets posted to GH, but filtering deskmats out by default is an easy fix. What are your thoughts on macropads and other things that aren’t specifically keyboards or switches?

I should also say thank you for doing the work on this. Apologies if my last post came off demanding.

Personally, I am ok with macropads and switches. I am just of the opinion that a lot of deskmats are low effort GBs. Aliexpress already offers custom print options. I get why people do it, even a couple more mats would make your order make cheaper, easier, etc. It is just not something I am into. For the people that are into that aspect, let them focus on that.

There are some people that are only into switches, so I guess following that logic, maybe switches would be a good filter. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

You’re more than welcome, and not at all. Here to help. :nerd_face:

All good points regarding the deskmats and I’ll work on some dedicated filter buttons for the type of merch being advertised, e.g., Keyboard, Switches, Deskmats, etc. In the meantime, if you type terms like “GMK” or “KAT” in the search box, it’ll return all the threads matching those specific keycaps. The same trick works for switches and anything else usually mentioned in the title of a post.

3 Likes

I added a few sort options and changed up the color scheme to keep things a bit fresh. I thought some kind of scorecard might come in handy when double-checking a runners past experience and cheering those absolute legends helping make our community that much better.

Here’s a sample of some of the data points I can report on. All comments and/or suggestions are most welcomed.

|Creator|ICs|GBs|Views|Replies|Score|
|–|–|–|–|–|–|–|
|HoodrowThrillson|11|9|56M|22K|0.03%|
| biip|5|5|21M|876K|4.17%|
|Mechboards|22|18|33M|2M|6.06%|

8 Likes

This is sick!

3 Likes

Just seeing this for the first time and it’s amazing! Great work

3 Likes

Done. Dude, @biip … you’re killing it. Keep it up buddy. We all owe you a huge thanks.

4 Likes

My pleasure :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I forgot to enable the site navigation for mobile devices. My bad. Fixed.

4 Likes

Looking slick - I like the new colors and the sorting options.

1 Like

Ugh, I had to remove this. Sorry!

That new layout tho. Approachable and useful.

1 Like

We just hit 1K daily users! Admittedly, this is the tinniest site I’ve ever spun up, but the one I’m for sure most proud of. Right on.

8 Likes