GMK Bleached is yellowing after 4 months

Crazy. Something must have gone wrong with the manufacturing process. That can’t be normal.

2 Likes

I think we will see more reports over the coming months/years ws2 has historically been never used in customs from GMK but theres a fair few coming out shortly.

1 Like

Didn’t GMK Monochrome (shipped early 2019) and GMK Delta (shipped late 2020) use WS2? Have there been any complaints with those sets yellowing?

This will do until I eventually get that grommet press.

:screwdriver:

3 Likes

Another report on Reddit.

2 Likes

Another picture from an Australian (top is unused, bottom is sunned)

8 Likes

Hmm. Not good

1 Like

Not good at all, price shoult be reduced to 19$ on drop for the base set to clear the inventory :crazy_face:

2 Likes

It would look great on a retro board as it yellows :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This thread makes me worry about my KBD67 Lite and the switches I have in storage.

I have some bobas in a sealed bag in the closet from exactly a year ago, and a pack mounted on a keyboard for around 8 months sitting in a storage in the closet, all of the switches still look the same.

Should I keep switches in ventilated storage? I currently have them in sealed plastic jars.
The room temperature is relatively cool, ranging 20-30 around the year.

I wonder if yellowing will ever be solved, I have a clear phone case from AE claiming to not yellow.

About GMK sets yellowing, that’s… unfortunate for that price range and status of those keycaps.
Part of the reason I’m deterred from purchasing any GMK sets.

2 Likes

Embrace the yellowing just as you do with shine or patina

1 Like

Man the more reports I see about Bleached heavily yellowing quickly the more lucky I feel my set is somehow holding up! Also it really makes me believe the run of this set had to be made with at least 2 different batches of plastic. There is no way my set would be holding up fine if it was made from the same plastic as these sets we are seeing. I will say my set while it has been & is on display right now is not & has never been set in direct sunlight. Although it is not in a dark room isolated from sun either. Kinda makes me want to set a key I never use on a window sill for a few days just to see, but then again I’d pissed if that key did yellow LOL!

2 Likes

ISO Enter :joy:

3 Likes

Sorry to keep updating this, but another gmk bleached was just posted on Australian discord

6 Likes

Good lord!

1 Like

I washed it with regular acetone and everything was clear.

I can also say I’ve seen a similar amount of yellowing on my GMK Noel after having it by a window that gets moderate sun for about 5 to 6 months. Definitely considering trying some of the methods mentioned above to brighten it up. :frowning:

Are you saying that you put acetone on your keycaps? :eyes:

1 Like

Kinda sounds like charging one’s phone with a microwave.

1 Like

Blasphemy! All three are verboten! :sweat_smile: