GMK Striker

Welcome to the GMK Striker Interest Check!

This set is a tribute to the Japanese National Football Team, a team that had a brief, yet fantastic participation in the 2018 FIFA World Cup,
displaying a great level of football. The Japanese squad almost made it to quarter-finals, but sadly lost against Belgium in the very last
minute of the extra time.

Where to buy

GMK Striker’s group buy will be hosted by five vendors (links will take you to their GB page):

Pricing

Core (119 pieces) Numpad (22 pieces) 40s & Split (24 pieces) Spacebars (7 pieces)
MOQ: 500 MOQ: 150 MOQ:100 MOQ:150
Daily Clack AU$159,65 AU$50,45 AU$57,40 AU$31,90
Mykeyboard €110,00 €33,00 €38,00 €19,00
Novelkeys $100,00 $36,00 $40,00 $22,00
ZFrontier - INTL $128,00 $38,00 $42,00 $23,00
ZFrontier - CN CNY ¥757,00 CNY ¥247,00 CNY ¥272,00 CNY ¥149,00
YushaKobo JPY ¥13.800 JPY ¥4.300 JPY ¥4.700 JPY ¥2.700​

Current orders

GMK Striker

Core (MOQ 500): 435
Numpad (MOQ 150): 138
40s and split (MOQ 100): 117
Spacebars (MOQ 150): 182

RAMA × STRIKER

Crimson (MOQ 50): 117
Mt. Fuji (MOQ 50): 96

Last updated on May 10 18:06 CEST.

Technical Specs

• Original Cherry Corp. Profile
  • High quality 1.5mm thick keycaps with doublsehot legends that will never fade.
  • Made in Germany by GMK electronic design GmbH.
  • GMK Latin + Hiragana doubleshot legends, including Hiragana sublegends.

Available kits

Keyboard Gallery

Percebe

Jules

Verne

Andromeda

Nemo

WILBA.TECH Thermal

TGR Alice

TGR 910

ION XENO

RAMA.WORKS M60-A

Uniqey C70

Links of interest

Thanks for your time!

Zambumon

Interested on this set?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

14 Likes

This set is awesome! I’m committed to this set. Where do you plan on running the GB?

Honestly, I don’t know yet because I haven’t contacted any vendors regarding this set.

this with verne hnggg

I need another keyset like I need a hole in my head but I guess I’ll have to get this one too. Whats the deal with the Andromeda board, whos making it, is there a IC thread?

I am really liking the US/EU kit split that you are doing with this and chocolatier. IMO It is a great way to break it down to keep the most people happy. :+1:

Also really digging the two-tone blue combo. Usually I’m not really into layering up colors like that, but I think with the uniform mod/alpha colors the second “accent” blue works really well.

I probably wouldn’t pick a set up myself because I’m not really feeling the sublegends (though you should probably keep them as they match thematically, just not my kinda thing).

What I am even more interested in that the caps is some of those boards that I don’t think I’ve noticed in your renders before (maybe I just missed them? idk), notably the Percebe, F96H (is that based on a beamspring case?), and the @Wilba Thermal board in there (60s aren’t really my thing, but that design is really sweet, and it looks like a brass sheet is sandwiched in the middle there?). Are those all buys that are going to happen eventually, or are they all still pretty tenuous future plans? If there is a buy for that Percebe sometime I especially wouldn’t want to miss that. That is starting to venture shockingly close to my ideal 40/50% board.

Percebe, Andromeda, and Wilba’s Thermal will eventaully happen. The F96H has the least priority of all of those, because there are many things I want to finish first.

Awesome! I’ll keep my eyes peeled :eyes:

Sounds more romantic than naming a board “goose barnacle” … :grin:

Considering that I have a set named after cured ham, I don’t know what people were expecting of me.

1 Like

Let’s just not derail the conversation too much from Samurai Blue, GMK Jamón will get its own IC thread whenever I have find time to make it.

1 Like

I’ve never been a huge fan of sublegends, but this one might convince me otherwise! These are some of my favorite shades of blue and I’m really stoked for this set! Also I work at a Japanese company so I’m sure I’ll get props for having this set on my work board :laughing:

@Zambumon Love the colors, legends and theme. But no Minivan love again in the 40s kit? :pensive:

1 Like

Ah-e-ah-e-ay WHERE’S MY SAMURAI???
Mousemat idea: (Background picture)

We have already discussed about this topic Mike.

1 Like

@Zambumon It wasn’t much of a discussion. More like a cease and desist. Every time I bring it up, you and your buddies call out the mods to squash the “discussion”. Such a shame.

3 Likes

why do 40% keyboards upset you so much? no one is making you use them. 40% is just as relevant and important to the community as any other size.

3 Likes

I see all these renders for your great keysets @Zambumon when are we getting this Nemo though. Did I miss the group buy or something?

What’s going on I’m ready to buy a red or a blue Nemo since Nautilus happened.

With regards to the keyset though I think the blue is great, I personally don’t care for the Hirigana but it makes a lot of sense for the story just like Serika.

Basically as soon as you showed this off I stopped considering getting GMK Space Cadet.

40% are great and probably would be my daily driver if ANSI was my default layout. However, for anyone using any variation of ISO, they simply don’t offer enough keys and are practically useless.

While I don’t have any inherent dislike for 40% keyboards, the issue is that some of them, such as your minivan, use so many keys that are completely irrelevant in other layouts, making them expensive to support when designing kits. It is also such a small percentage of the community that uses them which makes doing things like hitting MoQ difficult or not worth the effort in including it often times.

I’m sorry for derailing the thread a bit Zambumon. If this set hits at the right time then I’ll be really interested in joining! Looks great and good luck with the IC!