Hello KeebTalk! I'm Buddy

The first batch of gaskets have been shipped out! I’m looking forward to hearing feedback on them! I’m aiming for the next round to be done by the end of next week.

2 Likes

I got a metal bottom plate for mine and it helped with the rattling of the case immensely.

@dwarflemur Didn’t all of the Ghost Norbaforces ship with a metal backplate already? I remember hearing there were a few prototypes with the clear poly backplate (like the one from Taehatype’s build), perhaps you got one of those?

I dunno I got mine on Christmas day and it came with a matching polycarb backplate

Interesting, good to know!

I got mine today and they are so good! The gasket is very easy to install and this really eliminates the wobble completely!

I took a picture of the gasket pre and post install for my r2 RGB TKL for anyone interested:

3 Likes

Hey, thanks for the pics! Does the sound/feel of the board change ?

Yeah, essentially it removes the sound of plastic hitting each other, which is really apparent for the RGB version. All I hear now is the thock!
You can see and hear the difference here: https://imgur.com/a/kdOFwmq. They used Gasket Maker which might cause a mess (where BuddyOG’s solution is much more simple and clean), but the end result should be similar.

2 Likes

Would any of your gasket options work on a 87u?

I currently have a prototype 87u gasket being made today, and if that installs without issue I will then be able to offer it to everyone! Expect to see it available in the next day or so.

3 Likes

The R2 TKL ANSI Unreal Topre Gasket is now available!

2 Likes

87u and 23u are now available! Also, the second batch of gaskets has been shipped out! Everyone who has paid should have their packages arriving shortly!

2 Likes

Now that 23U support has been added - are there gaskets available for all “mainstream” Topre products now?! Feels like you are close, at least :slight_smile:

Everything but full size R2 and full size rgb keyboards! I even have a gasket for a NIZ84 if it installs just fine on this one that I’m working on

2 Likes