Hi everyone, I'm wormdad

Hi!

I heard about this forum by hearing Mr. Ryan Norbauer promote it during his talk with TaeHa types at the cKeys Mechanical Keyboard meetup in Seattle. This forum really attracted me because of how well it’s organized and the quality of the posts. I’ve tried being active on discords and Reddit but it seems that you have to sift through a lot of unrelated things in order to get to any real discussion.

Anyway, I’m a recent college graduate software engineer in Seattle, embedded systems for aerospace. I’ve been in the hobby for about 5 months now and I have had a pretty interesting time diving deep into a bunch of stuff like switch science, keycaps, new layouts, etc. and I’m very excited to begin contributing to this forum!

8 Likes

Glad you found your way here and welcome!
Have you got yourself a board since discovering this hobby?

Yes! My first purchase was a black Brutal60 that came with Gat Clears (soon to be changed out), FR4 plate, and it has GMK Terminal on it. Shortly after I bought a blue Rama M60-A with brass back weight, right now it has Pinoko linear switches with 68g Punchy springs, and GMK Bento.

2 Likes

Wow, I’d love to see a picture of that M60-A if you have one!
Welcome!

Just took one! Unfortunately my desk mat might be considered slightly NSFW, just a warning. Please, anyone, let me know if this is too NSFW and I will gladly take it down and refrain from posting this in pictures in the future.

Welcome to KT @wormdad! I think you’ve found the right place if you are looking for more in depth conversation on MKBs, rather than people showing off of them or memes. Hope to see you around & BS about MKBs with you in the future!