Holy Panda POM Edition

https://www.deskhero.ca/products/nowyotrszmf8lv941xakq

Opinions on this switches? They are 5pin, so do we need to remove 2pins for plate mount?

1 Like

Tbh my opinion is mostly just “why…”, there was so much drama around the holy panda molds and people trying to recreate them, will this one be actually good? It looks like they have the orange stem, but is it actually the halo stem or a knockoff? What is the point of a POM housing; is it just for sound? I have a lot of questions and skepticism of this switch tbh. But hey, it’s not for me, I don’t even like tactile switches that much. Maybe it will be awesome.

Plate mount boards seem a lot less common these days, but yeah, you can just clip off the legs.

2 Likes

I love the high tactile switches. At first I did not like tactile because the only tactile that I knew of was mx browns which kind of feel like a “dirty” linear. After trying the tactiles with the large round bumps, it’s all I buy. Zealios V2, Pandas, etc. They are obviously expensive, compared to the tactiles that don’t start at the top which I have to assume the high price is just due to the hype.

1 Like

I bought some, I tried to buy these on taobao through superbuy but they said they were OoS, so I’ll get them here for the same price. We’ll see, I’m skeptical as well but hopefully they’re really halo stems

You only need to remove 2 pins if your PCB does not support the 2 extra pins

I would like to try that housing with some silent Ink’s. :thinking:

Good feedback in here. I would be glad, if someone can share their experience with the switch after arriving.

I’ll order some and see how these go

4 Likes

Taking one for the team. Thanks :smiley:

The Holy Pomda. Oh wait this isn’t the pun thread…

2 Likes

…Again?

Did they like, break contract with Drop or something?

1 Like

These are bsun, they aren’t even actually from invyr

I THOUGHT WE WERE OVER THIS I AM GOING TO SCREAM! whyyyy

I’ll wait for you to test them out. As sir @dwarflemur has pointed out, these are made by BSUN and not invyr.

• Produced by BSUN
  • Halo style switch stems

yikes

2 Likes

Holy Pomade?
Pomy Pandas?
:thinking:

1 Like

yeah those are some big yikes

Guess I’m too new to know why BSUN is a yikes.
Can u Enlighten me?

They’re generally just cheap you get what you pay for switches. The original pandas were bad switches until all this hype started with people putting the halo stems in there, not many people actually liked/used them as linears

1 Like

image image image

6 Likes

127 Monopoly money (approximately 95 freedom dollars) just doesn’t seem like it can possibly be worth it for 70 of these no matter how you spin it… $1.35/sw

2 Likes