How does KT look for people with large monitors?

Maximized windows don’t really make much sense on widescreen or ultrawide displays anyway, especially for a text-heavy site like this. For me, at least, the whole point of a wider screen is so that you can fit multiple windows side-by-side on it.

I mostly posted the screenshot for the lulz :smiley:

1 Like

Not unless that screen is in portrait mode, at least. :smiley:

Hi all,

As someone who has designed for web, I can say that having the site look “skinny” is actually a good thing.

Yes, sites are responsive, but only to a certain point. When the screen gets to wide, you want to stop scaling everything up. You don’t want text to be too large and you don’t want all the photos and elements to be too wide.

The most important thing is you don’t want each line of text to be too long. For text to be readable, you only want 9-12 words per line, anything longer makes it more difficult for humans to read.

This is why on well-designed websites, there will be a max width in place and the website will look skinny on ultrawide monitors.

1 Like

This is why newspapers invented “columns”.

2 Likes

to echo what everyone else says yes it looks like this and it is good this way and intentional. as a designer a legible line length makes a big difference in user experience. i think keebtalk is laid out great as is

2 Likes

No option for portrait monitors in the poll?!

1 Like

It’s just more reason to not maximize your browser. Use a tiling window manager and have something open alongside your browser.

1 Like

oof portrait monitor and light theme you are a brave one

1 Like

It’s skinny down the middle like that on my 3440x1440, but I’m fine with that. My monitor is wide so I can comfortably have four vertical splits in vim, or fit two browser windows side by side - not so I can read wide rows of text.

1 Like

<.<

>.>

… are you me? You just described my screen. Right down to the split vim window.

1 Like

Something I will miss from switching to a single ultrawide monitor is being able to have a second monitor while gaming.

1 Like

im experimenting with my old 24in 1080p mounted above my main screen with a tilt for this kind of thing

I actually prefer dark themes, just didn’t find the setting yet. Going to look for it now!

1 Like