I need help selecting my switches.

I have a little problem with testers, if I try going that route. I will pay more on shipping than on the actual tester itself, since I don’t live in North America, and the shipping and handling can go to really high up prices.

Ok, so I have a questions. Tealios are kind of too expensive for me ($10 a switch), and well… I don’t like the high pitched sound they have. Would you recommend me going Alpacas other than that, or do they have some kind of problem as well? And, are they good even if I don’t lube them?

alpacas are very good switches even unlubed. everglides are a good option as well.

1 Like

Just an FYI - it’ $10 for 10 Tealios but it already sounds like you have an opinion on them already anyways.

I have a pack of em but have not tried Alpacas yet; I’ve tried their sister switches(H1s) and they’re pretty great both lubed and unlubed.

I do know, it’s $10 for 10 Tealios, but… H1s are $6 for 10, Alpacas, are $5.50 for 10 and Mauves are $5.50 per 10 aswell. So, if I go for any of those. It’s quite a save. Is it true that Mauves, H1s, and Alpacas are pretty much the same?

Ah I was responding to that so I wasn’t sure.

That is what I heard but I can’t tell personally aside from the difference in spring weight.

Something else I just remembered to add to your considerations - Novelkeys Silk and Dry switches, also made by JWK.

1 Like