[IC] ePBT Grand Tour - GB date announced (02/25) and new kits - DESKMATS

GB starts on 02/25

Hello, I’m Federico from Italy. Welcome to the Interest Check for Grand Tour!
Geekhack Link

Rama U80-A by rama.works
Render by Raz

Design and inspiration

Inspired from a poster (I love it) that my best friends gave to me for my birthday a couple of years ago.

The poster itself is from NASA/JPL.

The Grand Tour is the route the Voyager 2 spacecraft took to visit all four outer planets. It’s a flight plan that’s possible every 175 years for the alignment of the outer planets of our solar system.

My friend Alessandro Maranta worked on the novelties design and he made a great job.

Kits

Base

Novelties

Spacebars

40s

Ergo

Renders

Disclaimer: note that the images are of 3D renders and are for illustration purposes only. The final colors may differ slightly.

Full Album!

Haus by Hand Engineering (render by me)

TGR Alice (render by Raz)

Rama M60 (render by me)

J-02 by Proto[Typist] Keyboards (render by me)

Rama U80-A Soya (render by me)

Manufacturer

ePBT dyesub pbt

Vendors

Collaborations

I’m very happy to announce some collaborations! I will be working for some artisan keycaps with:

• Thok
  • Artkey

IC Form

Form

Thanks

Many thanks to the following for your help and support during the design of this set:

• Alessandro Maranta for the novelties drawing

• Raz for the help with blender and for the beatiful renders.

• Kerasan for his support and ideas

• Click Clack Club group on telegram for the feedback

• I have to thank konstantin, NoPunIn10Did, 40s discord and Keycap Designers discord for the help with kitting. [/size]

Next Steps

• Add more renders
  • Get feedback
  • Finalize kits
  • Work on artisan and deskmat

Updates

• 08/17: Updated kit renders to new base color
  • 09/29: Added manufacturer
  • 10/05: Added vendors, collaborations and new renders. Ic form updated with new renders
  • 10/06 Added oceania vendor
  • 10/10: Added renders

Old renders

Kit renders by me
Pizza keyboard, render by Raz (old base color)

Contacts

2 Likes

A novelties iso-enter with a rocket lift-off. :thinking:

3 Likes

Is this not just gmk froyo with the colors moved around and different novelties? Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice looking and the novelties are cool, but just seems like a retread of an already done set.

NOR/DE support would be great

Conceptually, it’s good, but to make itself distinct from froyo it needs those rich poster colors to pop. Colored base colors for mods would do that, and maybe icon mods as standard.

This would need to be run as GMK then, but if enough work is put in to make it desirable I think it’d garner more than a niche interest.

2 Likes

Edited first post with updates!

this looks awesome!

Added some renders in the first post! Here’s full album

GB starts on 02/25

I still have to render the kits, but here they are (unless fixes, i think they are done) (old kits are here https://imgur.com/a/ac7mzmK )

Base

Novelties

Spacebars

40s

Ergo

I hope you will like the updates to the kits. I have to thank konstantin, NoPunIn10Did, 40s discord and Keycap Designers discord for the help with kitting.
My render man is sick at the moment, when he gets better I will ask him to make some renders of the kits.

Some updates on other stuff:

• a deskmat is coming
  • the rama cap is still wip, i hope to have more informations this week
  • talking with ePBT for samples and pricing

I updated the OP with the new kits and gb date.

We have deskmats (designed by Raz)

Light

Dark

Update

Kits:

• 40s: removed 1.5u R2 Fn and added 1.5u R2 novelty
  • Ergos: fixed the font

OP updated with fixed kits and deskmats

1 Like

Hi guys, bad news,
I’m sorry to inform you that there will not exists a RAMA collaboration for Grand Tour.
Due to some disagreements regarding details behind the scenes, we had to cease the collaboration.

But i’m going to collaborate with Thok for a couple of metal artisan, that i’m sure you’re going to like!

1 Like

Final kits renders

Base

Novelties

Spacebars

40s

Ergo

Here is the thok collaboration aluminium keycap!

Cherry profile, aluminum keycap featuring green cerakoted coating and white resin moon.

Full album here