[IC] GMK Ashes

Hello Keebtalk!

This is my first Interest Check for a keyset, GMK Ashes, A achromatic set that resembles ashes from a volcano.

Design & Inspiration
This idea originally began as a dark keyset, I was working with a lot of dark gray and red pantone colors, after rethinking what I was trying to achieve I decided to look at other keysets to get ideas, I decided to try to invert the colors similar to GMK Honeywell to test out that idea and really liked the look of it. I threw out the red because it just didn’t fit in well with the set but kept the gray colors. Then I started messing with more with different shades of gray and came to love the final result of colors!

I present to you GMK Ashes:

OSA by BlindAssassin111

Kit Design
Base Kit
This base kit is still changing everyday, I plan on having support for standard TKLs to 65%, WKL bottom rows, HHKB, a numpad and more! The base colors are Two custom RAL colors, one accent color is a custom RAL color and the other one is a stock GMK color WS2. A RAL color similar to Pantone 428c is the mod color along with the legend color for the alphas, and a RAL color similar to Cool Gray 11c is the alpha color and legend color for the mods. My two accent colors are a RAL color similar to Pantone 419c which is a nice black color, and WS2 which will add a light touch to the set. I am also working on getting some renders that will use Left Centered Legends for Mods! I really would love to give the legends a shot seeing as they are going to be on 9009 R3!

New RAL colors on the Left, Old Pantones on the Right

GMK Ashes On a Dark Background

GMK Ashes On a Light Background

Base Kit with Left Centered Legends

Ghost Kit
Mod Colored Alphas

Additional Kits
I am planning on working on a spacebars kit, icon mod kit, and a 40s kit. These kit will all vary on the responses from the Google Form so please help me out and let me know what kits you would buy from this set! Just got renders of mod colored alphas.

Google Form for Kits!

Group Buy / Vendors
US:ProjectKeyboard
EU: MyKeyboard.eu
Oceania: DailyClack
Asia: DailyClack

Thanks
Many thanks to the following for your help and support during the design of this set:
BlindAssassin111 for feedback and support on the set guiding me on how to make an IC!
OneFiveNine for giving me ideas on what to theme the set after, running the set and helping me out with the set!
The Texas Mechanical Keyboard Discord for all the feedback and support everyone has given me in there!
MetallicCharles for helping me out with these amazing renders of the set! (More renders on the way by him and other renders in the community!)
HamKenobi, DixieMech, Kristmascane, TennisShoeNinja, Erin and Gus along with others from the Houston Discord for being there for me for these past two years!

N E Renders Avail?

Render by MetallicCharles (F-Row Features Accent Colors in this render)

OSA by BlindAssassin111

OSA by BlindAssassin111

OSA by BlindAssassin111

OSA by BlindAssassin111

OSA by BlindAssassin111

Bacca60 by BlindAssassin111

Bacca60 by BlindAssassin111

Next Steps
Listen to community initial interest
Add pic of Pantone chips once they arrive
Add more renders
Get a feedback form added
Consider deskmats etc if there is demand
Adjust kits if there is demand
Set a date for the GB (if there is demand)

Updates

Update (9/10/19): Converted Pantone colors to RAL colors after enough people gave great feedback reccomending to do so! Thank you! Updated Base and Ghost kits with better representations of what the full kits might look like, full kits are not finalized yet.

9 Likes

Looks really nice!
Although way too similar to the Symbolics PN364000 keycaps.

3 Likes

Woah! That’s awesome! I haven’t seen that old vint board before! Very cool hahaha!

1 Like

I’d say that’s actually in this kits favour in my opinion! Nice way to visualize it and another potential inspiration point to build off of.