[IC] GMK Darling

interest-check

Hello all,

Today I’d like to introduce you to a project that I’ve been gradually working on for the past 6 months or so:

GMK Darling

Inspired by the character Zero Two from Darling in the Franxx, GMK Darling aims to bring her aesthetics straight to your keyboard. It’s taken a long while to get the colors dialed in, but they are quite close to – if not in – their final iteration now as far as I can take them with renders. Hiragana sublegends may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but the use of icon mods hopefully prevents the set from becoming overcrowded.

Colorway

GMK Darling utilizes three custom colors:

RAL 3020 as the alpha text color; a vivid red reminiscent of Zero Two’s horns

Pantone 691 C; a pastel-pale pink which reflects Zero Two’s hair color, used for the alpha cap color and the legend color on the mods.

RAL 3003 as the mod cap color; a darker red similar to Zero Two’s dress uniform and darker parts of her flight suit

GMK WS1 for the white accents

Colors
Color pallete based on the colors’ hex values

I do have some concern as to color matching and am unsure how GMK would handle dealing with both RAL and Pantone colors. However, the RAL light pink (3015) was simply not light enough for this project.

Potential Kit Options:

"The All-In-One Solution"

This is a base kit inspired by that of GMK Metropolis and other kits which include a numpad and ISO support in the base kit configuration. However, to reduce base kit cost, I am considering breaking the numpad and ISO kits off but don’t have any quotes yet as to price. The following kits are represented with KLE-renderer instead of KBRenders since they’re not set in stone yet and I’ve already managed to forget certain elements on KBRenders submissions multiple times out of anticipation of getting the renders themselves :sweat_smile:

There are a couple errors in this render: shows R3 Ctrl as stepped, and the wrong legend for Caps Lock. This will not be the case for the final keyset. I’ll message KBRenders and see if I can get that fixed. These are still a bit preliminary, and more detailed and accurate renders will be made once the kits are finalized.

Spacebars

Numpad

ISO

Novelties

These sizes are placeholders, but expect novelties based on Zero Two’s headband and the XX logo with two of each for each key size. Once the art for these is done, I’ll update this post accordingly. This kit also currently contains white accents for F1-4 and F9-12.

If you’re interested, please consider filling out this Google Form! It will help me tune kits and figure out how best to go forward with this set. :blush:

Update History:
4/16/19 - IC First Posted
4/16/19 - 2.5u spacebar delet (AFAIK GMK doesn’t make those)

fuck yea im in

Looking good!

Such a pretty keyset! The colors remind me of SA Sunday Morning

love the colors! just think the set would work really well with ws1 alphas as well.

Yeah I love the alpha colour, I’m in!

I throw money at the screen, but nothing happens. :frowning: