[IC] GMK Matcha Mocha | Pricing-Announcement | GB 19th of January!

GMK Matcha Mocha
a semi-minimalistic take on what could arguably be one of the most delicious and energizing desserts known to human mankind

GB-Thread

Welcome everyone, I hope you are all having a great day!

Hereby I present you to, well you already guessed it; my first ever publicly revealed Keycap set, based on two of the best tasting awakeners, which, when combined together, make for one of the most delicious desserts you could possibly imagine (and will give you enough energy to make your day a guaranteed blast).

With this set I was trying to achieve a colourful, comforting and yet minimalistic design, which could look good and aesthetically pleasing on many different boards, regardless of their style.

Anyways, enough with the talk, let’s just get right into the real juice you all came for:

Kitting:

The Dessert (Base Kit)

The Weeb Add-On (Hiragana Sublegends)

The Toppings (Extensions)

RAMA Artisan

As of right now, I’m only planning on running these three kits.
Please keep in mind that certain keys might still be added/removed, depending on the community’s feedback.

Pricing:

Render:

AKI-S by Senryo

TGR-Jane v2 by Yuktsi

TGR-Alice by Yuktsi

For the colours this set will be using Signature Plastics stock colour TGH and Pantones 7487C:

Please note that although this picture was taken with a professional camera and colour corrected with a grey card afterwards, depending on the lightning, especially the green sometimes looks a tiny little bit darker/creamier IRL.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could take a few seconds to fill out this feedback-form in order for me to improve this set even further:

https://forms.gle/ahKewFSVfDjmw2uM6

GB-Timeline:

19th of January to 28th of February

Vendors:

UK: ProtoTypist
NA: Kono
EU: MyKeyboard
Oceanic: DailyClack
Asia: iLumkb
CA: Ashkeebs
International: RAMA WORKS (just as an additional proxy for the Rama-Artisan)

Collaborations:

Keyforge (Artisan)
Artkey (Artisan):

Sodie Caps (Artisan)
Bad Habit Caps (Artisan)

(If you are an Artisan or Cable maker, please feel free to contact me, if I haven’t already contacted you abt it)

Thank yous:

Thank you to Kingk22 for the mindbogglingly amazing renders and help with the kits :slight_smile:

Thank you to all the Vendors for believing in this set and helping me bring this vision to live by running it on their sites; thank you Ragan, Jae, Louis, Phatty, Ashkeebs, Necromanx, you all are truly amazing :slight_smile:

Thank you to everyone who gave their feedback during the last few weeks, especially Konstantin and Tyson for helping me rework/finalize the kits :slight_smile:

Thank you to Keyforge, Artkey, Bad Habit Caps and Sodie Caps for designing some incredibly stunning custom artisans for this set :slight_smile:

Thank you to the amazing Ulliam for bringing my vision for the Rama Artisan to live :slight_smile:

Thank you to Kate and the whole team at Rama for making this amazing collaboration come to fruition :slight_smile:

Thank you to Rensuya and Abec13 for the initial help with getting this started :slight_smile:

Thank you to Senryo for letting me use the AKI-S in the renders :slight_smile:

Thank you to Miodec for making a custom Matcha Mocha theme for the MonkeyType site :slight_smile:

Thank you to Ragan for the huge amount of help and work put into this behind the scenes :slight_smile:

Thank you to Makoto from YushaKobo, for the great feedback, and correcting my mistakes :slight_smile:

And last, but definitely not least, thank you to every single member of this awesome community that stuck with me and answered many of my stupid questions, that came up over the last few months, you guys are the best :slight_smile:

GH-thread (same as this one))

2 Likes

That green works pretty well!

1 Like

Thank you so much, hearing that means a lot to me :grinning::+1:

Isn’t it supposed to be a GMK set? You’re going to have to find colors close to these in whatever that Pantone like scheme gmk uses.

1 Like

Yes, I’m aware of that, and I know that it would have been better to just use RAL, or even stock GMK colours, but I unfortunately wasn’t really able to find other colours that match my creative vision for the set.

GMK would definitely be able to produce this, and although I agree that the colour matching phase will probably be quite a pain in the ass, the extra effort will, imo, definitely be worth it in the end.

Those are some very tasty looking little bonbons, there…

I’ll be a little disappointed if this doesn’t end up on one actual chocolatier’s desk.The colorway reminds me just a bit of The Chocolate Fetish in Ashville, NC - this set would look right at home behind their counter.

Update:

Great news, I am beyond happy to announce, that we just got our first Vendor secured:
MyKeyboard.eu will be hosting this set as the Official-European-Vendor, once this set moves into its GB phase!

1 Like

Update:

The good news just won’t stop coming in today;
I’m incredibly happy to announce that ProtoTypist will be bringing you this set as the UK-and possibly even Lead-Vendor!
I can’t even express my feelings in words right now, thank you Jae, you are above amazing :grinning::+1:

Update:

We just added an update channel on the ProtoTypist Discord server.
Anyone, please feel free to join for quick updates, bts info and even just some casual/fun conversations about the set :nerd_face:

Update:

Again, we got some great news today;
iLumkb will be hosting this set as the official vendor for the Asian region!
Thank you Louis for believing in this set :grinning::+1:

Update:

Hello, I just received a confirmation that we will in fact have an Artkey Artisan collaboration for Matcha Mocha!
I’m super stoked about theses news, and will share any further information as soon as it’s ready :+1:

Update:

I’ve got some great news today;
Space Cables will be running this set as the official US-Vendor!
This is a huge milestone for this set, and will help bring up the quality immensely!

Thank you Ragan, and the whole team, I can’t even express how much this means to me :grinning::+1:

Update:

AuraMech just confirmed that they will indeed be hosting Matcha Mocha as the official Canadian-Vendor :grinning:

Update:

I’m happy to announce today, that with the confirmation of DailyClack, as the official Oceanic-Vendor, we finally got all the vendors for GMK Matcha Mocha secured!
Thanks again, to every single vendor, who will help bring this set to life,you guys are truly amazing!

Btw, you guys can expect some great updates coming up during the next few days😁

Update:

Hello everyone, I’m incredibly happy to be able present you with the final kitting update today (no major changes though):

The Dessert (Base Kit):
-replaced the r3 “pipe” key with r3 “~#” key
-fixed/converted “blank” 1u key in numpad into a 1u “+” key
-changed OS keys from “code” to “super”
-added r3 “PgUp”
-added r4 “PgDn”
-changed r4 “|” to “<>”
-removed second 1u “ctrl”

The Weeb Add-On (Hiragana Sublegends):
-added top right “ー” to the “-_ほ” key

Update:

Hey everyone, so I know it’s been a while, but we have been very busy, working on a lot of updates behind the scenes.
So, prepare yourself, there are a lot of great updates coming up over the next few weeks;
starting of with the first one:

The Group Buy for Matcha Mocha will actually start this year, around the perfect time; on the 1st of December 2020!

Again, there will be a lot more updates coming up, but that’s it for now, I hope you all are as happy as I am😁

1 Like

ooh, Matcha! thats exciting.

Update:

As promised here are some more of the great news:
Sodie Caps will be crafting some custom Matcha Mocha themed Artisans for this group buy!
I’m beyond thankful, thank you so much :slight_smile: :smiley:

Update:

As promised, here is another great update:
The official pictures for the RAMA Artisan have arrived!
Thank you so much to the generous and incredibly talented Ulliam and the whole team over at RAMA WORKS for helping me bring this idea/dream of mine to live, you all absolutely rock!

Update:

I got even more better news for you today:
The incredible people behind Bad Habit Caps will be producing some stunning, Matcha Mocha themed, hand crafted Artisans for the set!
I wholeheartedly thank you a thousand times :grin: