[IC] GMK Monochrome

The name may change but the set definitely does NOT stop! We are working to make this a reality!

2 Likes

Keep it going, I’m ready for this set to become a reality

Any chance of running a NorDe kit for this? (I can guess the answer but I just have to ask because I’d really like to get this :slight_smile: )

1 Like

@kwerdenker There are no plans for a NorDe Kit for the set, as we do not think it would reach MOQ.

I hope you can still enjoy the keyset regardless.

Dig the new name. I think it’s apt.

1 Like

Interesting… never had an issue running ‘Barebones Stormtrooper.’ Maybe Disney is becoming litigious?

Sadly I think I’ll have to pass on this then. Best of luck with the run though! This is a lovely "color"way and I’m sure it will have a very good response :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i’m sad :piangere:

KMK Labs.

Totally down for this one. Ill match it with a clackeys stormtropper :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Sorry man, we wish we could make everything happy :frowning: Thanks for checking it out tho! <2

Disney has always been litigious. Perhaps GMK has just gotten scared about it or they didn’t think about it for your run of BBST.

Disney is one of the reasons I have hesitated to try to get a run going of the set I want to put together. I don’t really want to try to get approval for it or pay the liscencing fee.

1 Like

No worries, I’m used to this response by now. My wallet is thankful for every “no” a NorDe kit gets :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t have the date in mind but did that come out before Disney bought the rights? I know (or at least I’ve been told) that Lucasfilm was way better in that department.

Let’s see. That was May 4th, 2016 and Disney bought the rights in 2012, I believe. Maybe it was such a small GB, it just wasn’t an issue for GMK? Or maybe I caused an issue? lol?!

1 Like

Maybe you did! Imma put that on you man xD

Reading the mails of GMK, I think that they want to protect themselves more than anything, they grew quite a lot in the last couple of years and I can’t blame them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I suspect a lot of that is GMK’s rise and perhaps even someone new that came in and spoke up about it. It could easily have been something they overlooked on the first go around. And with more popularity, they might have figured out why sets are named as they are so that they can get around copyright things.

1 Like

Well, TBH, that name was around way before Star Wars, though!

True, but nowadays, it’s so in the current lexicon as a Star Wars related word that the first google result is the wookiepedia entry. The question would be then if LucasFilm has copyrighted it or if it falls under their IP protections. Since Disney owns LucasFilm now, I would not put it past them to claim it is their IP and fight for it, especially in the case of white on black and clearly being a derivative of their characters which is definitely their IP.

Now if it was grey and had SS logos, that would be different, but good luck getting a german company to make some Nazi-era styled keycaps.

2 Likes

LOL. Yeah, that wouldn’t go over well! Makes sense. I’m betting GMK just doesn’t want to risk it at all at this point.

1 Like

Tell me more about “thrust troops”…

1 Like