[IC] GMK N9-U9 (Update: Renders from GMK!)

Hi Everyone,

With Linjär in progress and soon concluding, I want to move on to my next project - a N9-U9 GMK set! This is heavily inspired by Carbon Boneyard, and I have made sure T0mb3ry was OK with it.

The proposed base kit is slimmed down to make it as affordable as possible (might even axe the UK keys):

Disclaimer: This render is made by a friend of mine with no prior experience of rendering GMK sets - and as such it has amateur flaws. Legend alignment, legends, icons, spacing and more - but in my opinion it gets the two most important points across:
1. The color
2. The kit and which keys are included
In any case, it’s a bit more pleasing to the eye than KLE. :slight_smile:

Update: Renders from GMK:

(With and without ISO-UK)

This uses the stock N9/U9 colors from GMK, which most of us are familiar with by now:

Please fill out this form for me to get a good understanding of the interest in this set:

MOQ: 150
Price: TBD
Vendors:
EU - Mykeyboard.eu
Rest - TBD

To do:

• Get a quote from GMK ::Pending::
  • Get proper renders made for a GB by a PROFĂ„SHĂ…NAL
  • Gauge interest

Thank you! <3

This looks very classy, and honestly, the renders you currently have aren’t that bad at all. Get a site to host the GB and this could be a good little set!

How about GMK Nines for the title? Although, N9U9 on it’s own conjures memory of M4A1 from Gorillaz’ debut, and just rolls off the tongue pretty well.

GMK Nines isn’t too bad, but GMK Nine rolls better off of the tounge! :smiley: Or GMK 99

Update:
Renders from GMK:

With and without ISO-UK.

I have also requested quotes, should have a reply soon!

I still like the name GMK Nu-9 :slight_smile:

no disrespect intended, but i’m wondering this set exists. it looks very much like the gmk white on black set that is currently on massdrop.

Yes, it’s very similar in simplicity, and that is part of what I am trying to achieve. WoB is a classy and timeless set, and this is a more modern take on the elegant and sophisticated design. :slight_smile: WoB goes on everything, and I hope this does as well.

That said, it’s not a copy. Just like all the different BoW sets are not copies (hell, this isn’t even WoB…)

I really like this colorway! It reminds me of the caps that come with black Cherry MY 8000 boards. I believe those are laser etched POM so not the greatest legends, but the beigeish color the laser etching creates gives the legends a great look on the black caps IMO. I actually bought one for the caps because I liked the look so much, but the bottom row is unfortunately not usable. All the caps on that row have off center stems, even the 1.25 keys! Wish I would’ve known that beforehand, but the board only only cost me $18 so I would’ve probably got it anyways.

Back to this set though, I would definitely be down for it if it goes to GB. I think the N9/U9 combo separate it from WoB more than enough to justify it. Personally I prefer this combo to WoB, I think it makes really classy & understated look. As for a name GMK NU-9 does have a nice ring to it!

Hi Everyone, a quick update.

I have ordered some real renders and they should hopefully arrive today. I am also finalizing a quote offer with GMK, so we can soon move into GB territory.

For the ISO Layout, I went with ISO-us, it makes the most sense to be in order to offer the most aesthetically pleasing + complete ISO support in as few keys as possible. ISO US only needs 4 keys, ISO enter, short lshift, pipeslash r3 and pipe <> r4. Sorry to anyone hoping for full ISO-UK, but I want to keep costs down and borring a half layout makes no sense anyway since all legends will be wrong.

I strongly prefer this over WoB. I don’t like pure black on keysets, so N9 with the off-white is super appealing to me.