Meine Damen und Herren, Mesdames et Messieurs, Ladies and Gentlemen…
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to GMK Phosphorous, a set I have been working on for these past few weeks.
One day, not long ago, I was browsing RAMA WORKS’ website, contemplating the M60-A in Moon, and I took a closer look at their renders. It had a simple grey and blueish-cyan keycap set, which I immediately fancied. Since RAMA and I were DM-ing back and forth about my M60-A Moon pre-order, I asked about the set. Turned out that it was just a render and they suggested I just go make it myself. I started mocking up the set that same evening.
The Moon colour on the M60-A from RAMA WORKS is a cool grey which I really fancy but the icing on the cake was the phosphor filled enamel product code and RAMA logo. These two colours inspired my own colour choices.
I wanted to make GMK Phosphorous as affordable as possible, while retaining the character of the set I had imagined, hence I dropped the NumPad from the Core kit. I also decided to skip a separate Novelties set, deciding to go down the minimalistic route and include a select few unique keys in the Core kit itself.
My inspiration was based solely on the M60-A Moon. Yes, I realise there are similar looking keycap sets out there, “but this one is mine” (as they say, meaning that I did not use them for inspiration). I was actually working on another set (which I put on hold) because I fell in love with this colourway.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the people who helped me with everything from choosing colours, to pointing me in the right direction, to supporting my idea and helping me not give up. In alphabetical order (apart from Yuliia at the top, because she’s had to endure a lot of PMs from me!):
- RAMA WORKS
I humbly apologise if I forgot to include anyone!
Rendered by Abec13
Rendered by Oblotzky
Think6.5° in Tiffany Teal
Rendered by Abec13
Pantone’s Cool Gray 11 C should be exactly one shade darker than the Moon grey that RAMA uses (Cool Gray 10 C), introducing subtle contrast between the two.
P.S. This is my first IC ever, running a set which I am absolutely in love with, which I cannot believe (but I hope nonetheless) will ever make it to GB stage, so the stress is insane. Please do let me know if I made a mistake somewhere.
The 1st interest check form is now closed: https://forms.gle/XpcUsm8gd3cSjGmb6
PLEASE HELP ME BY FILLING OUT INTEREST CHECK No. 2: https://forms.gle/cnjYuTnvSwaRZqKG6
Kate from RAMA sent me her artisan keycap design for GMK Phosphorous!
- R1 Cherry profile (e.g. ESC)
- anodised aluminium
- phosphor enamel fill (it will glow in the dark)
The renders show how it will approximately look during the day and how it will glow in darkness.
Pricing (added SGD)
- Core (MOQ 250) — 129 EUR / 129 USD / 175.55 AUD / 192 SGD
- Spacebars (MOQ 100) — 24 EUR / 24 USD / 33 AUD / 36 SGD
- NumPad (MOQ 100) — 34 EUR / 34 USD / 53.25 AUD / 51 SGD
- 40s (MOQ 100) — 47 EUR / 47 USD / 74 AUD / 70 SGD
- NorDEUK (MOQ 100) — 53 EUR / 53 USD / 83 AUD / 79 SGD
GB date (tentative): October 4, 2019
- Changed NumPad → Num in NumPad kit.
- Added 1u Shift to R4 of 40s/Ortho kit.
- Added Discord server.
- Got mentioned by TopClack in their stream!
- Fixed 1.5u Enter in 40s/Ortho kit — it was labeled as 1.5u but depicted as 1.25u.
- Added new renders by Abec13 of GMK Phosphorous on Think6.5° by Oldcat.
- Updated Core kit with accented arrow keys.
- Updated 40s/Ortho kit.
- Added new NorDEUK Kit.
- Added vendors.
- Added replies to questions and suggestions from interest check form no. 2. You can find them here.
- Added full vendor list.
- Added packaging renders.
- Added (tentative) GB date: early September.
- added pricing
- modified GB start date