[IC] KAM Wraith

@Manofinterests I don’t recall my C64 to be that shiny, but then again this set doesn’t emulate a C64 (and I sold that computer so long ago, my memory might be failing me).

Anyway, I’m totally fine with others liking it. As long as no one attempts to start an ASMR trend by tapping on those with their nails (or electric razor) in their pre-show!

In any case, at least for the purpose of owning at least one (cute) KAM set, I might still end up buying it.

Hopefully I would be proven wrong about the feel of the keys, and I wouldn’t feel the need to pull the microfiber cloth after every key press.

2 Likes

It’s definitely not uninteresting! I’ll still try to get samples with a matte finish tho :slight_smile:
In my opinion, that’d fit the aesthetic of the ZX Spectrum better :+1:

1 Like

Even though (matte) may fit the Spectrum aesthetic better I absolutely love the gloss. Smooth as a baby’s ass wrapped in Kraft Singles cellophane!

3 Likes

I could run it like that. But I would like to see if the set looks better with a matte finish :slight_smile:
We’ll find a solution :+1:

FWIW, a shiny KAM Wraith set would be a ‘must buy’ for me. I mean, who doesn’t want shiny things!
At least one set anyway.
Not sure what the typing experience would feel like.:thinking:
That KAM profile is something I really want to try in any event.

Just please GOD don’t open a buy until fall! I just sunk all my disposable income into GMK Dots, GMK Oblivion, and Novelkeys NK65. :heavy_dollar_sign:

We are assessing the cost to make molds for KAM with matte finish。

4 Likes

How much of a pain in the ass would it be to offer both glossy and matte options? I would buy one of each at a minimum.

1 Like

That would f*** up MOQs I think

1 Like

Well if you are going with matte can you sell me your glossy set? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I am afraid you are right.

Prototypes aren’t for sale sorry. Hope you can understand :slight_smile:

Please stick with glossy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will throw my hat in the ring again and say that I side with matte as it does share the ZX Spectrum aethetic more.

2 Likes

My vote’s for glossy. Maybe create the pre-order and let people vote on a preference schedule!

Currently talking about new molds pricing with zFrontier :wink:

1 Like

Throwing in my towel for glossy too

OK, I’ve given this a lot of thought. I am a Sinclair enthusiast and that’s why I’m attracted to KAM Wraith in the first place. The rubber key mat used in the orignal ZX Spectrums was not glossy, so the glossy finish gave me pause. The more I think about whether matt would be better the more I’m convinced that the gloss finish would actually be the better choice. My beloved Speccy is an oddball machine. Even by the standard of the day it stood out, partly because of its diminutive size, but also the distinctive (through absolutely rubbish) flat rubber keys. When I visualise KAM Wraith in matt it looks a little bit… ordinary. The high shine gloss makes it really distinctive. It may not look the same as the original but it makes it different, just like its inspiration. I vote for the full gloss shine :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Any update on these keys? I’m super hype but I need to save up some before I can pick them up so I don’t mind waiting a bit.

I’ll make a rework of the kits soon…

3 Likes

Now that milkshake is done - take a deep breath - and post updates :wink:

That colorcspacebars really got me

2 Likes