Renders Courtesy of Psuedoalpaca on KAT Space Dust (currently in IC)
Renders of the Deep Navy Paragon by Oblotzky featuring GMK Calm Depths:
More Renders Courtesy of PsuedoAlpaca with the black paragon
After talking some more with Keebwerks and considering the logistics of manufacturing and QC’ing within the shorter timeframe, we’ve decided to cap the number of boards. The decision to cap the boards was not an easy one; we set out to provide a board that would be more accessible to the community than others but we also wanted to avoid overwhelming ourselves with production and QC issues. Feedback from geekhack, reddit, and other discords indicated that people were apprehensive about first time groupbuy runners running an unlimited groupbuy and we want to alleviate people’s concerns about our ability to deliver a quality keyboard in time. We’ve decided to cap the groupbuy at 450 boards for the standard colors (ewhite, deep navy, and black) while setting aside an additional 35 for a Limited Edition (possibly 2 Limited Edition SKUs) that will be announced later on.
Standard Color quantity: 450
Limited Edition quantity: 35
Hey all, the Paragon IC has been up for a while on both geekhack and reddit. For those of you who haven’t seen the IC here’s a quick rundown of the specs, features, and designs:
- A 75% form factor without any blockers or offset clusters to preserve a uniform bezel. Seamless design from above such that the screws are only visible from underneath the keyboard.
- A rotary encoder offered in both aluminum and brass.
- Gasket mounted with 3D printed flexible filament such that replacement is easy (gasket files will be released after the groupbuy)
- Support for split backspace, split spacebar, stepped capslock, ISO (offered in soldering pcb) , ANSI (offered in both soldering and hotswap), and two different mod configurations on the bottom row.
- Brass weight at the bottom (design is still being refined).
- Weighs in at 7.8 lbs
- We’ve decided to partner with Keebwerk. Their timeline aligns with ours in terms of prototyping over the next few months then ramping up to a groupbuy towards the end of this year and the start of 2021. They also have the capacity to get a quicker turnaround time ~3 months for a high production volume.
- Updates on the board’s design: We’re still reviewing the design to optimize costs while also evaluating the feasibility and pricing of foam and silicone. We’re looking to collaborate with another designer for the weight and we’ll keep you updated as to the progress of the new weight.
IC Form (Still Live): https://forms.gle/7KBCNHMop5kbuwaMA
Join our Discord here: https://discord.gg/RznZS4d
Geekhack Thread (for more design information): https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=107743.0