[IC] SA Skyriter | Launches August 7

signature plastics :slight_smile:

how did those guys who did Abyss manage it? And I wonder how much if any of a profit they ever turned.

Aside from the ones already in production, the other SA group buys that are running before SA Skyriter are SA Sail and maybe SA Godspeed. I might be missing some but I haven’t seen many SA interest checks lately.

With that said, SP has a pretty long queue but it might die down a bit around the time of the GB. I haven’t confirmed with Melissa any solid timelines yet but recent GBs I think have been looking from 6 months to a year. :grimacing:

SA profile is definitely a game of patience!

1 Like

What!? Did I miss Mito announcing this or it is still up in the air? I’ve been waiting forever for SA Godspeed R2 so I can finally get the TSAfox kit I should’ve got in the OG run.

I wonder what kind of wacky kits Mito is going to come up with for SA Dogspee Godspeed this time around.

yes, he is running it. I don’t remember where I saw it but I asked him about color matching R1 and he said it probably wouldn’t be exact but it would be close. I’m in the same boat. I need some split right shift action on my SA Godspeed. Will look to pick up a mods kit probably.

1 Like

Alright, let’s steer this back to the main topic, thanks!

What board are you going to put these caps on? I’m guessing you’ve already planned it out. I was thinking a medium gray would look nice, like what you have in the renders.

1 Like

I actually don’t know yet! It would look good on Verne with the cream colour I powder-coated it. Have a few grey boards it would pair with. Also thinking of doing a chrome coating on my Mercury Rocketeer and think that would look really cool. Or Norbaforce in the VHS finish.

I think as long as the board is a neutral or natural colour, it can pair quite well!

Okay. Now that might be epic.

I know it would cause check this out!

4 Likes

Sorry bud, wasn’t my intention to derail the thread. That snippet of SA Godspeed running again just caught me off guard & I was curious about it. Thankfully I don’t gotta worry about it anymore though. I just managed to score a SA Godspeed TSAfox kit on r/mechmarket for a somewhat decent price! So for now SA Skyriter will be the only SA set on my radar! :wink:

1 Like

Haha no worries. Glad you got your final missing piece! I know how satisfying that can be when I put together all of my jukebox kits. Thank you for all your support!

1 Like

New render on J-02 by @Jae-3soteric
If you didn’t know, the J-02 is going to be available tomorrow, January 8th. Find more details here: [GB] J-02 60% GB 100% Complete - All GB Boards Shipped

Thanks as always to Voodoo6k for the absolutely gorgeous renders and Jae for the marvellous J-02.

5 Likes

Hey everyone, major updates. Check out the updates post to see all changes. By popular demand I’ve added a Monochrome TKL/Specialty kit!
We’ve also got DeskHero onboard as a Canadian vendor, Minila, XD60/64 support.

I’m working on Novelties and aiming to provide enough to cover 65% right column and the usual bottom row and enter key.

Deskmats are also in the works and should have some images for those soon.

2 Likes

say WHAT?!! Nice :cool:

2 Likes

Oh man, the last render just fooled me; I love it and the set has a really good old school vibe!

1 Like

Hey everyone! I recognize by adding a monochrome kit, this has created a potential buyer split that may make hitting MOQ more challenging.

With that said, I am running a poll to gather feedback on how this GB should proceed.

There are a few ways this can go:

1. Keep both kits as they are and set a lower MOQ at a slightly higher price
  2. Drop the olive kit and instead create a smaller olive accent kit. All other modifier kits become dark green.
  3. Drop the monochrome kit

Please take a moment to vote here: SA Skyriter Modifier Colour Poll - Online Poll - StrawPoll.com

I’d love to understand what the community is looking for with this group buy and I appreciate all of the feedback that has been provided. I’m looking forward to better understanding what you want from SA Skyriter.

After running this poll (thank you everyone who filled it out) to help determine the fate of the modifiers it has become quite clear that the majority would prefer the Olive modifier kit. I know some of you will be disappointed and I’m sorry that I teased the possibility only to reverse on it. After seeing some renders from Voodoo6k I could more clearly visualize what this would look like and it felt like it was straying too far from what I had initial envisioned. That thought, along with poll results clearing indicating the Monochrome modifiers should be dropped lead me to decide to stick with the initial Olive modifiers.

With just one colour to work with we’ll be able to set a higher MOQ and achieve some lower pricing. Because there is only one colour to support I’ve now added a 2nd 2.25u Shift key to support 66% key layouts like FC660M, Volcano, etc. Additionally I’ve added back the R3 Pg Up and R4 Pg Dn keys to better support various 65% right columns.

There may be a couple more changes like adding independent support for the Numpad kit for anyone who wants to use it standalone. I’m also working out the logistics of the Ortho/40s kit and contemplating whether to make it more standalone so you likely wouldn’t need to buy the TKL/Specialty kit.

As always, let me know if you have any feedback!

Perhaps I’m just daft, but I don’t see a 1.75u right shift in the kits (though I do see it in a few of the renders).

Yep it’s in the TKL/Specialty Kit!

1 Like