GMK Striker

So how can you gauge that the portion of the community that uses 40% boards is

Keys will always be

if it isn’t your board of choice. The effort to try and be as inclusive as possible with many different layouts, is what is needed to serve the greater community.

For 40% discussion, head over here:

3 Likes

Lol

oh yikes someone actually got butthurt.

3 Likes

Someone actually moderated their own thread.

We try to avoid any conflict of interest in scenarios like that but it is still up to the OP to try and keep the conversation on topic before a moderator has to step in. @Zambumon is the OP on this thread and he is simply keeping the thread on topic by pointing people in the right direction for conversation around 40% keyboards.

I am responsible for moderating this thread. I hope that answers your concerns?

3 Likes

The comment was specific to this set in regards to leaving out key compatibility for a certain 40% keyboard. It wasn’t to show lack of support for @Zambumon, but rather disappointment in this decision echoed by other high profile keyset designers. :wink:

1 Like

I understand. I’ve seen the conversations happening on GH on the Carbon set too. Regarding their decision to not have keys for certain boards the designers have decided not to support certain boards (in this case the minivan) and of course if you have one it only makes sense to voice your concern about the lack of compatibility.

At this point it seems that they have answered your concerns and have decided not to modify their Keysets to accommodate it. As much as we may want to see all of the keyset covered it’s not always possible regardless of why that may be, and sometimes we don’t get the answers.

I’m not sure at this point if there’s any more to discuss regarding adding minivan compatibility to this set which is why @Zambumon has suggested taking any general discussion about 40% keyboards (including minivan of course) to its appropriate thread.

I appreciate your passion for the project and I can also appreciate that it can suck when you can’t get a specific keyset for the board you have. With that said, I hope you continue to bring up compatibility if you notice interest checks that come up that don’t have it as it’s an important part of the interest check phase. As for this keyset it sounds resoundingly final that it won’t be supported.

1 Like

Yep

When do we expect this to go to group buy?

Also any updates on the Nemo or is the Verne currently taking up most of your time @Zambumon?

For Verne, please refer to this thread:

As for this set, I don’t know, I haven’t contacted any vendors yet.

GMK Samurai Blue is now GMK Striker!

10 Likes

It’s beautiful :heart_eyes: Would this be launched before or after Nautilus Nightmares if you have your way?

In May. Nautilus Nightmares won’t launch until December.

Lovely colors. I do feel like I’ve seen too many sublegend sets lately, would have been amazing with an all Kanji one. Also to stay true to the theme :slight_smile:

Keyboard Gallery

Percebe

Jules

Verne

Andromeda

Nemo

WILBA.TECH Thermal

TGR Alice

TGR 910

ION XENO

RAMA.WORKS M60-A

Uniqey C70

5 Likes

RAMA x STRIKER

Fuji-san

Hinomaru

5 Likes

Fuji-san :ok_hand:

1 Like

Fuji-san is lit, man.

I wish you could put the Hinomaru super keycaps back into the set – they added a wonderful contrast of color.