IMSTO Silicone Balls

Found these Silicone Balls on IMSTO’s website and thought that this is an interesting and alternative way to silencing switches. This got me thinking that perhaps the silencing portion of switches do not have to be on the stems, but built into the housing itself. This would be beneficial, as you then can you any stem you like, and still get the silencing effect.

1 Like

Yeah this is an old school mod, I think people were calling it the trampoline mod. It will silence the switch a bit, but also reduce overall travel & have a very mushy/bouncy bottom out. I think the mushy bottom out is why it never picked up much steam with switch modders.

1 Like

I would like to see POM balls if possible, just big enough for the switch to bottom out on it rather than the bottom of slider rails so the key travel won’t be affected much.

1 Like

Now that is possibly a good ideal there! With these soft silicone ones I can see it really making a switch feel funky, but with a harder material it might work out. Also the fitment of the ball or whatever shape would be optimal probably would have a lot to do with the final feel. I’d imagine you’d want it fairly tight fitting so it doesn’t cause excess rattle. Definitely something we should try to explore though!

1 Like

I have a feeling that if Kaihl made NK Creams with UHMWPE stems (retaining the exact shape they have now), you may never frankenswitch again, lol.

2 Likes

Have you tried this particular combination? I just got some UHMWPE stems and I’ve been considering either putting them in either Ink, Cream, or Alpaca housings.

2 Likes