Keebswap - A Mechanical Keyboard Marketplace

That’s actually a great idea. I will definitely work on this. Thanks!

1 Like

Website looking good! I registered an account, don’t have anything to sale though. Several things that jump into mind:

List view / tile view (index view)

Maybe add additional info to help the buyer when skimming the listing, such as:

• seller rating
  • seller country / item location.

I think it’ll help the buyer especially when the listing grows and there are multiple listing for the same item which will be time consuming for the potential buyer to go and check the detail one by one.

Some sort of scam protection?

So i’m not sure about how to implement this or how it works, might be too far fetched. But one thing I noticed on r/mm is that there are scammers and it might scare away people. If there’s a way/system to achieve this and make the marketplace safer overall, I think it’ll attract more people.

So far we are using timestamps and due diligence done by the buyer or seller themselves. However newcomers might not familiar with that.

I think paypal option is good for starter, probably add some more info in the Payment section of the help page to inform users about friends and family vs goods and service since the later offer more protection.

All in all good job! Good luck!

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll definitely be taking all of this into account.

that xkcd comic comes to mind

I mean not quite. There’s no format like Keebswap currently to BST in a niche community like this. Either way, it was a goal of mine to develop it and a creative outlet for me and I learned a lot of things along the way. There’s nothing wrong with giving people another option. If it’s not for you that’s fine and if it is that’s fine too and constructive feedback is welcome :blush:

2 Likes

A very ambitious project! Will you implement some method for those of us who already have websites to list our products, and keep track of inventory on our own system? I have a qty of vint MX blacks that I am going to post this morning, but I can’t list in both places, since they sell out quickly. Any ideas? Having my own cart allows me to keep track of shipping, notify customers, print labels from within my own cart, etc. It really streamlines the process. I know most people don’t have a warehouse full of old keyboards to sell…but it would be nice to have these features.

In the past I had thought about implementing something like that. I decided against it for a couple reasons:

• Most users are casual and have a couple unique items to sell ever so often

• Most “vendor” type users already have websites (as you stated) with all of the features you mentioned

It’s not that I don’t understand your use case; it’s that I’m not trying to necessarily re-invent the wheel when platforms like Shopify exist for those reasons and do an extremely good job of filling that need.

That’s not to say that Keebswap won’t suit your needs in anyway; just not in the way that you are thinking. But maybe in the future if more people start asking for it I’ll revisit it :blush:

1 Like

Which one?

this one

2 Likes

You’re now able to link Imgur albums/links & Reddit media links when listing an item!

4 Likes

Ah yes. This one makes me laugh, but also cry at the same time.

2 Likes

Very cool, thanks!

1 Like

Looking over the site I don’t see a facility for “wanted” posts. What’s your rationale on this?

A very good start! Would be cool if you could search geographically.

Working on more granular filters as we speak, thanks for the feedback :blush:

1 Like

Rationale is that it’s easy to search for things on Keebswap so I didn’t necessarily see a need for that. Interesting point though.

Well I can imagine that some ppl have keycaps they don’t use but are not desperate to sell, might sell them if they see someone looking for it.

1 Like

Kinda sounds like the discogs model just from your description. Which beats the hell out of /r/mm. I’ll keep my eye on it for sure.

1 Like

I appreciate that!