Keyboards spotting

wait, are we supposed to believe those monitors had color resolutions that sharp? surely they didn’t…

that almost feels like seeing a car drive by in an old western

3 Likes

Ha, I have an anecdote that supports this likely anachronism.

Three or so years ago, I was working “Asset Protection” at a small Best Buy while between career jobs. (I’d quit the local magazine after the n’th bounced check…) Anyway - “AP” translates to “door greeter that watches cameras”.

I had a little desk setup featuring one of these wiggle stick things:

Move it around to aim the camera, twist to zoom. It works, but is about as tight and responsive as a set of very long puppet-strings.

So this was late 2010’s in a tech store. We sold 4K TV’s, wireless HD security systems, and freaking spy drones. But our security system? Heh.

Analogue signal piped to a single 1280 x 1024 flat-panel from the early aughts, displaying in glorious SD 480i.

Looking at “HD 4K” badges all day, I thought it would be funny to put an “SD 0.4K” badge on my security monitor, so I did.

11 Likes

This seems to be a conversion to gif. Hope your dad gets a kick out of it

2 Likes

IBM Model F in “Control”, 2018 (game)

14 Likes

MQ-9 Reaper Drone Control Room

All that advanced tech being controlled with what looks to be rubber domes.

Maybe be a 75% with a staggered F-row?

I’d at least want a cool :skull_and_crossbones: artisan for the trigger key or something. But seriously, if anyone knows anymore about this board, I’d love to know.

mq-9_reaper_keeb-3

3 Likes

not sure about these, but Devlin makes a lot of military grade command stations and controls.

3 Likes

Not sure if this one counts as spotting, but I thought it was a fairly interesting keyboard-related photo

(As seen on Twitter/Tumblr via the Tymshare Inc. 1978 Annual Report)

9 Likes

Greetings! Spotted this KB on ebay-kleinanzeigen (like craigslist in Germany), no further info on it. Im confused about the triangle Logo.

keyboard

4 Likes

Hi there! this thread is mostly for spottings in media, rather than Ebay listings, however if you are hoping for an Identification that looks like a rebranded cherry board to me, although I’m not certain.

2 Likes

Look like an old G81, but yes here it’s more a place where we post images of keyboards we spot in movies, tv-shows or video games.

3 Likes

Thank you! Rebranding is something i have not thought about.
Im confident ist really is a rebranded G81-3000 as sefixm suggested.

In future I will be reading the First post more accurate (just registered ~12 hrs ago). Any way a moderator might move my contribution?

3 Likes

Watching the timeless COBRA and Marion Cobretti uses a nice board :smile:

11 Likes

Love that movie

1 Like

Same, I can’t explain why but I watch it 2 or 3 times a year :smile:

1 Like

Saw this, on this vid: Tim and Eric - Celery Man - YouTube
Does anybody knows if this is a vintage keyboard/pc? Or just some random membrane keyboard?

5 Likes

Watching one of the best movie EVER (The Thing) and spotted 2 really cool keyboards !

16 Likes

Surely you know THINGU, right? :penguin:

8 Likes

No, and this is so cool, thank for the discovery !!! :wink:

2 Likes

Dorm room deco (Revenge of the Nerds)

2 Likes

Nerd is the new cool :smile:

2 Likes